Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There was a certain DL out of Mississippi State who we should all recall...

Not really. known Jeffrey for years now, he had one bad incident (beating up a girl who was beating up his sister) before he started his college career. Was squeaky clean all 3 years at State, professors and coaches loved him, anyone on that staff would have told you when he left he was an absolute stand up guy. Seems Nixon's coaches gave bad feedback on him...  you couldn't find a single person on State's staff or academics that didn't like him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

@Verge did you hear anything about why he fell to the 5th?

Yeah it was the weight and character issues. He is considered a risk at a position you don't want someone to have weight issues. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Verge said:

Yeah it was the weight and character issues. He is considered a risk at a position you don't want someone to have weight issues. 

Weight issues??

  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rayzor said:

Culture influences character.

Sounds like a great bumper sticker but at the end of the day he’s still going to have to make the decision to put the team before himself. Hopefully the Rhule culture will bring out the best in him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Sounds like a great bumper sticker but at the end of the day he’s still going to have to make the decision to put the team before himself. Hopefully the Rhule culture will bring out the best in him. 

Probably more so just grow up and mature. 

Some of these guys take for granted what being a successful NFL player takes. 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Verge said:

Yeah it was the weight and character issues. He is considered a risk at a position you don't want someone to have weight issues. 

I saw an interview where he referred to himself as being "young and stupid" his first couple of years in college, apparently did some things he regretted.

Being willing to admit that could be a good sign.

  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Sounds like a great bumper sticker but at the end of the day he’s still going to have to make the decision to put the team before himself. Hopefully the Rhule culture will bring out the best in him. 

yes. like most everything else in life, there are no guarantees. it depends on what nixon makes of the opportunity he has.

but it also has a lot of truth to it. for better or worse, culture shapes character. what that shape actually becomes depends largely on the one whose character it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Castavar said:

I just like that we actually have a GM and organization that finally takes chances on these types of players. Hurney and Richardson would have NEVER. Yeah, most of the time they don't work out, but sometimes  they do (Tyreek Hill) and you get a steal in the later rounds.

They did though. Hardy was a 6th round pick because of off the field issues.

This isn't that different from before. Late round picks with off the field issues were taken then, and now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

The opposite can be true as well. We even have the old saying "One bad apple spoils the bunch" to refer to it.

yes. that's why i left off "good" in there.

the culture you find yourself in weighs heavily into who you become. you can break out of it to become different, but that is a huge fight. being around successful people makes it easier to be successful. being around people who constantly struggles will likely mean that you struggle as well.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rayzor said:

yes. that's why i left off "good" in there.

the culture you find yourself in weighs heavily into who you become. you can break out of it to become different, but that is a huge fight. being around successful people makes it easier to be successful. being around people who constantly struggles will likely mean that you struggle as well.

True

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

True

sorry. i just went back and read again what you wrote and understood what you were saying and you are right as well. 

someone can be a light and brighten up a room. someone can also be a bad apple that spreads rot to the rest of the barrel. that is something that definitely needs to be watched for and guarded against.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rayzor said:

sorry. i just went back and read again what you wrote and understood what you were saying and you are right as well. 

someone can be a light and brighten up a room. someone can also be a bad apple that spreads rot to the rest of the barrel. that is something that definitely needs to be watched for and guarded against.

Also true😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...