• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Vs. Zach (Stat Predictions)

Id like to see at least 1 series in pre season before guessing, but I like the exercise. 

I would expect a run heavy/conservative start.  So Sam can get comfortable.  I think they minimize the chances for mistakes, lean on CMC and the RAC ability of these receivers.

He should have about 250 yards (or more if they hit a big play).

1 maybe 2 passing TDs (again if they hit a big play)

CMC goes bananas in his return in front of the home crowd.  The defense flashes its potential and win by 2 scores.  Let it begin.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Much rather play the Jets week one than week nine or ten.... they have a lot of speed with their rookies and adding a big target like Corey Davis will huge for Wilson. 

I also don't see Darnold tossing 4 TDs and us running 1 in against a Robert Saleh defense. 

Prediction:

Darnold : 295 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT

CMC : 140 total yards - 1 receiving, 1 rushing TD

Robby : 7-95-1TD

Defense feasts on Wilson and causes 4 turnovers. I see a pick-six or fumble recovery for a TD.

Panthers win 31-19.

Jaycee Horn Vs. Corey Davis

Quinnen Williams Vs. ???? (We'll see after camp)

Alijah Tucker Vs. Derrick Brown 

Darnold 220 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT

Wilson 240 yards - 2 TDs - 1 INT

Panthers win 27 to 24

Both QBs will look good, but Wilson will be more efficient.

I like what we did this off-season, but I'm not convinced our secondary is going to be anything to write home about outside of Horn. Wilson is going to have harder time than he had in college, but he's not going to suddenly throw 4 INTs a game. That's just not who he is.

7 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Darnold 220 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT

Wilson 240 yards - 2 TDs - 1 INT

Panthers win 27 to 24

Both QBs will look good, but Wilson will be more efficient.

I like what we did this off-season, but I'm not convinced our secondary is going to be anything to write home about outside of Horn. Wilson is going to have harder time than he had in college, but he's not going to suddenly throw 4 INTs a game. That's just not who he is.

You call having 20 more passing yards being more "efficient"?  

I call 220 to 240 as basically being dead-even in that regard.

Though i have a feeling Sam has 250+ passing yards by the end of that game.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, glenwo2 said:

You call having 20 more passing yards being more "efficient"?  

I call 220 to 240 as basically being dead-even in that regard.

Though i have a feeling Sam has 250+ passing yards by the end of that game.

Efficiency isn't a measure of yardage, it's how you got those yards.

If Wilson gets to 240, with less passes and a higher completion % he'll end up as more efficient.

Darnold has struggled being as efficient as most QBs in the league in his 1st 3 years. 

• Beer 1

Zack starts off with a TD drive that gets everyone in a tizzy but then finishes with 200ish yards 1 TD and 3 INTs.

Sammy finishes with 2 passing TDs 350+ passing yards with no INTs and 1 rushing TD with maybe 50 rushing yards.

• Pie 2

All you guys are way off 

Sam goes out throws over 400 yards 5td and rushes for 40 yards this game will be a td fest Anderson has 2td Moore gets 1 cmc has 1 and number 88 marshal jr gets his first td as well it will be a long day for Wilson don’t see this offense getting more than 10 points on our defense.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panfan35 said:

All you guys are way off 

Sam goes out throws over 400 yards 5td and rushes for 40 yards this game will be a td fest Anderson has 2td Moore gets 1 cmc has 1 and number 88 marshal jr gets his first td as well it will be a long day for Wilson don’t see this offense getting more than 10 points on our defense.

I'm sure you would make a fortune off this bet on draftkings if it happened lol that's how unrealistic it is. People are saying around 250 for a reason. 

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I'm sure you would make a fortune off this bet on draftkings if it happened lol that's how unrealistic it is. People are saying around 250 for a reason. 

I would say 250+ (not exactly 250).

Even with the god-awful Jets season last year, He's never gone below that but has fluctuated (for the most part) between 260 and Over 300 yards...and that's with a crap team with crap to throw to.

Though I do agree with some here that they might go ultra-conservative in Sam's first game and let CMC annihilate the Jets D so we'll see...

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1