• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo what's the plan for LT?

Verge

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't bet on Little being in that mix.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't given a shot, Rhule talked about him being in the mix this offseason. It's make or break for him. He'll probably either be the backup at LT or he'll be cut during training camp. 

• Pie 1

It's pretty obvious they feel okay with Erving there in the short-term. They'll give Christiansen and Scott a chance to push him, but I will be surprised if it is anyone but Erving at LT for Week One. I think their ideal for Week One right now is Erving/Christiansen/Paradis/Elflein/Moton across the board. If Erving struggles and Christiansen is playing well, maybe you kick him out later in the year and give one of the young guards a chance to step in at LG. Or, maybe Scott gets his shot at LT again and everyone else stays put. The important thing is that they actually have options this year. 

• Pie 3

Just now, hepcat said:

I'd be shocked if he wasn't given a shot, Rhule talked about him being in the mix this offseason. It's make or break for him. He'll probably either be the backup at LT or he'll be cut during training camp. 

Gantt, just after the draft...

At left tackle, it could be Erving. Or Daley. Or Scott. Or Christensen.

A post draft look at the Panthers roster

I don't think little was left off that list because Gantt forgot him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

It's pretty obvious they feel okay with Erving there in the short-term. They'll give Christiansen and Scott a chance to push him, but I will be surprised if it is anyone but Erving at LT for Week One. I think their ideal for Week One right now is Erving/Christiansen/Paradis/Elflein/Moton across the board. If Erving struggles and Christiansen is playing well, maybe you kick him out later in the year and give one of the young guards a chance to step in at LG. Or, maybe Scott gets his shot at LT again and everyone else stays put. The important thing is that they actually have options this year. 

I don't think we'll play Christiansen at LG if we think he's the future at LT. At best, Erving is a stop gap. I think they'll want Christiansen preparing for that spot as soon as he's ready.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The fact that we took Horn with both Darrisaw and Slater still on the board lets me know they were at least comfortable short term with the vets they already had.

I think they drafted like you're meant to draft - take the guy you think is going to be an All-Pro when it's your pick, rather than the guy you 'need' but he's only going to be a solid starter.

• Pie 5

==

Scott with a good LG (maybe Elflein) is going to be better than with Reed, who sucked.  Irvin has played all positions, so maybe he is the plug and play until Brady Christensen loses his baby teeth.  I think we will do what we have to do (Tremble) until then, and hope for the best.

Good question, Verge.  LT is far from settled.  I think Brady is the man, and he may take a year to get there.  Moton was a second round RT and he did not start as a rookie.  (But that was RR)

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we'll play Christiansen at LG if we think he's the future at LT. At best, Erving is a stop gap. I think they'll want Christiansen preparing for that spot as soon as he's ready.

I think they'll throw them all into the mix in TC and play the best five.

Maybe this year Christensen isn't the best LT, but if he's one of the two best Gs he'll play there.

• Pie 4

58 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

==

Scott with a good LG (maybe Elflein) is going to be better than with Reed, who sucked.  Irvin has played all positions, so maybe he is the plug and play until Brady Christensen loses his baby teeth.  I think we will do what we have to do (Tremble) until then, and hope for the best.

Good question, Verge.  LT is far from settled.  I think Brady is the man, and he may take a year to get there.  Moton was a second round RT and he did not start as a rookie.  (But that was RR)

Bro I can’t take you seriously anymore lmfao

EA4FAB61-5CBE-48EE-985C-EC421E6B52B9.gif

Edited by jayflip
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

53 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Bro I can’t take you seriously anymore lmfao

EA4FAB61-5CBE-48EE-985C-EC421E6B52B9.gif

Me Neither.  I post something, and then see it later, and say, "What does the idiot have to say now?"  Then I realize--I am the idiot. 

Lost a bet with Fua, who cheated somehow. 

• Pie 3

Little will be cut due to numbers--we added 3 OL (Christensen, Brown, and Moore)  and I think all make the roster.  Since I figure we keep no more than 10 OL (Moton, Paradis, Miller, Elflien, Irving, Daley, and Scott)   Little has no future contract coming, might as well cut him and let him go to Buffalo or Washington.

• Pie 1