• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Confidential - A Look Into the Panthers Offseason

DeSim

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think the Panthers are "hiding" anything. We liked the option of trading a future 2nd and a couple of late rounders for Darnold better than drafting Fields at #8. Time will tell if that turns out to be smart or not. We'll see if the President of the Sam Darnold Fan Club follows him to his next stop if it doesn't work out here. We already know MrScot will convince himself that somehow this was still part of the Panthers' grand plan and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

How the hell did you become a Mod?   

Edited by glenwo2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

could of been Fiesta Taco Salad.  I don't know.  I know there is an F.  And it likely involved trading down in the first.  That still leaves Fields and Farley.   It's probably not a Fiesta Taco Salad from Taco Bell but maybe a team could have that sent that to the draft room as part of the deal.  Again, I told you I don't talk in absolutes about things I can't possibly be sure of.    Rhule could be that big of a Taco Bell fan.   

Fields as a trade back option doesn't really make sense, especially from a team who thought he could be used as bait for someone else to trade up.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Fields as a trade back option doesn't really make sense, especially from a team who thought he could be used as bait for someone else to trade up.

again, it all depends what reports and rumors you want to go off of.  Pretty sure you were more on the Chris Simms side of things where Fields had odds of being a later pick and not top of the draft trade bait. 

but if the Panthers were willing to trade back and then still pass on Fields/Mac? (and you know I don't like Mac at all)......well, I'm ready for the next era.  Value would have been way too good IMO. 

11 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

How the hell did you become a Mod?   

In his defense he was against Teddy originally and seemed to be pretty spot on. It’s ok to have doubt about a player, especially reasonable doubt backed by data. It’s not like he is wanting Darnold to fail, just skeptical... 

Just now, CRA said:

again, it all depends what reports and rumors you want to go off of.  Pretty sure you were more on the Chris Simms side of things where Fields had odds of being a later pick and not top of the draft trade bait. 

but if the Panthers were willing to trade back and then still pass on Fields/Mac? (and you know I don't like Mac at all)......well, I'm ready for the next era.  Value would have been way too good IMO. 

I thought Simms predictions for Fields were kind of silly.

Actually figured there was a decent chance someone would trade up and take him before us, but that didn't happen.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

could of been Fiesta Taco Salad.  I don't know.  I know there is an F.  And it likely involved trading down in the first.  That still leaves Fields and Farley.   It's probably not a Fiesta Taco Salad from Taco Bell but maybe a team could have that sent to the war room as part of a deal.  Again, I told you I don't talk in absolutes about things I can't possibly be sure of.    Rhule could be that big of a Taco Bell fan.   

Fiesta Taco Salad | Taco Bell Reviews

• The D 1

On 5/27/2021 at 8:18 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I'll be interested to see the context of the war room shot here.

Guessing that was part of a trade negotiation.

Tepper shouldn't even be present...

...right?

Any confirmation of who Fitterer reports to?

6 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Damn.....guys and going catty over the QB position....

Longstanding tradition here 😄

For my part, I'm hopeful but I have no idea how good (or bad) Darnold is going to be. I do think people acting like the Panthers were basically forced to take him at gunpoint are being kinda silly though 

Will he work out? Don't know, but the team wanted him and they got him, so here's hoping.

• Pie 3

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Longstanding tradition here 😄

For my part, I'm hopeful but I have no idea how good (or bad) Darnold is going to be. I do think people acting like the Panthers were basically forced to take him at gunpoint are being kinda silly though 

Will he work out? Don't know, but the team wanted him and they got him, so here's hoping.

That’s all you can do....I always wait to voice an opinion that I might have to eat crow over, and I hate being wrong!

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

That’s all you can do....I always wait to voice an opinion that I might have to eat crow over, and I hate being wrong!

In fifty plus years, I've been wrong plenty of times so it's so it's not a big deal. That, plus my relationship status guarantees I'm gonna be told I'm wrong on a regular basis 😄

More to the point though, it's just football. Not like we're arguing over something important 🙂

As for me, I just prefer to make an informed opinion. I'm not trying to be Miss Cleo... or Jim Rome, for that matter.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

Voth is confirming it wasn’t Fields:

image.thumb.png.a64130f5777588edb16c30efc3559702.png

This is stupid. They had no issue naming a bunch of players they were thinking about taking.

Why would they blur out a name unless they thought it would stir up some poo?

The name was Fields and they are just covering their butts in case Fields outplays Sam.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1