• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson being shopped?

1 minute ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I figured Robby would be a candidate for an extension but instead looks like Fitterer was looking to unload him. 

This doesn't make any sense.  HIs contract is very reasonable for  1000 yard receiver.... we had just signed Darnold and it would help with his transition.    

I just can't imagine Fit would do this.  I'm not going to believe this until there's evidence otherwise.

• Flames 1

He did much better than I thought he would last year and made some great catches.  Thought he was just a deep threat but he’s a complete WR.   Worst part was it seemed like Teddy locked in on Robby too much when other guys were open.  It would’ve sucked to lose him.  I think he’ll have another great year.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

This doesn't make any sense.  HIs contract is very reasonable for  1000 yard receiver.... we had just signed Darnold and it would help with his transition.    

I just can't imagine Fit would do this.  I'm not going to believe this until there's evidence otherwise.

It could be the reason Robby Anderson is one of the few players who hasn't shown up to OTAs. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Well, Fitt seems very deal heavy. I wonder what if any offers were made for him. Or what we were looking for in return.

I hope Marshall plays really well(and stays healthy) and we have a replacement for him. I definitely don't want to see Anderson and Samuel leave and not have good replacements. 

Not buying this. I do think ANderson wants a new deal and panthers want to wait. Hes a bargain and turns 30 next year I think. Id wait on him too, Rhule and him seem like they really enjoy each other. I see Anderson testing FA next year and coming back to Carolina after egos by both sides get checked. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's certainly possible, but I'd need a better source than Walter Football before I'd be willing to take it too seriously.

Honestly, Charlie Campbell has been historically fairly accurate on that Hot Press feature. Not perfect but he does apparently have some pretty legit NFL sources.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, Charlie Campbell has been historically fairly accurate on that Hot Press feature. Not perfect but he does apparently have some pretty legit NFL sources.

The one thing that makes me ponder the possibility is that if I recall correctly, Anderson is in the last year of his contract with us.

It's not unusual for GMs to try to get something out of a player in his final year if they don't think they'll be able to re-sign him.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1