• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One more season with Mick Mixon

methodtoll

Listening to Mick you never knew if we got a first down or not, you never knew how long a play was etc. It was an absolute guessing game for the listener. You had to wait until the next snap to fully understand what happened the previous snap. I have no doubt he is a wonderful person, but he was an awful announcer.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I’m definitely in the minority, but I think Mick is hilarious.  He made a comment about DeAngelo Williams’ chocolate dreads cascading down his back one time back in 2014 or so and I lost it.  He’s not your run of the mill announcer, that’s for sure.  Enjoy retirement fella.  

On 6/8/2021 at 9:16 PM, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I'm more of a Rosinski fan, but Mick was a hometown guy that was very likable. Not sure why there is so much hate for him.

Makes no sense. His first season calling games wasn’t great, but he’s been good since. Not great, but good. Rosinski is forever the voice of the Panthers. Would love him back. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ChapelHeel80 said:

Anyone think Rosinski would take the gig back? I would love to hear the gang back together, Bill, Eugene, and Jim. He never left Charlotte - resides here to this day.

Big Rosinski guy, but whats his age? I know these talking gigs are old age friendly, just dont know where his health is either. Honestly I thought the first time Trepper heard Mixon do a game, he would have fired him before the half time show. I think the search needs to be just like the HC and GM, wide net. I also prefer for the next guy to have some honest talking room, I hate some fluffer telling me how awesome they are playing down 40 with 20 minutes left. 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, Basbear said:

Big Rosinski guy, but whats his age? I know these talking gigs are old age friendly, just dont know where his health is either. Honestly I thought the first time Trepper heard Mixon do a game, he would have fired him before the half time show. I think the search needs to be just like the HC and GM, wide net. I also prefer for the next guy to have some honest talking room, I hate some fluffer telling me how awesome they are playing down 40 with 20 minutes left. 

He's 66 or 67. 

I'm guessing it's not a voluntary retirement?  

Mick wasn't as bad as people made him out to be, but he wasn't as good as what we had either.  I think he fit an aesthetic Jerry was looking for - down home, wholesome, country, folksy, etc.  I could tell from that first interview he did with Tepper that preseason once he bought the team that he wasn't going to be around much longer.  

It would be cool to bring Bill back.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1