• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prepare to see that roster churning

rayzor

1 minute ago, stackofbacon said:

not likely to affect starting positions much, maybe on ST. Imma ok wiff it

You are not trying to find starters. You are looking to improve your depth. Something that the majority of teams need. Solid, quality depth.

• Pie 1

Cargo shorts might have been one of the best inventions ever developed for men, right there with voice activated remote control and sexy optional and convenient adult diapers, and due to some women complaining that we look "stupid", now you all think these things are dumb.  Well on game day, I do not care what I look like, and I can spend 20 hours in my recliner without ever leaving it, since I have a portable fridge beside me and the Papa Johns guy has permission to enter without knocking. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 hours ago, rayzor said:

What will be happening, though, is that they are just going to be looking at more and more and more prospects trying to bring in the best possible ones to training camp. And in the weeks of training camp as cuts are made by other teams we might see more. 

It may seem like ineptitude to the less shrewd and it might seem like madness to the clueless, but it's a sign that they are going to turn over any rock they can to create the best possible roster from top to bottom.

I'm not sure if there are still Covid protocols in place that limit try outs. That could also be a reason why they have to churn a bit more than might seem normal just to give guys they're considering a look.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

You are not trying to find starters. You are looking to improve your depth. Something that the majority of teams need. Solid, quality depth.

And also to build up your Rolodex of emergency contacts of guys you might add if God forbid you have an injury crisis at a certain position and burn through your depth. (Was it 2013 or 2014 where for like 5 weeks  we were bringing in RBs off the street on a Monday who would start the following Sunday. That was a wild time!)

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'm not sure if there are still Covid protocols in place that limit try outs. That could also be a reason why they have to churn a bit more than might seem normal just to give guys they're considering a look.

Pretty sure that NFL clubs can operate at full go, as long as everyone is vaccinated. 

Not to sure about how tryouts would fit into that.

Just now, KB_fan said:

And also to build up your Rolodex of emergency contacts if guys you might add if God forbud you have an injury crisis at a certain position and burn through your depth. (Was it 2013 or 2014 where for like 5 weeks  we were bringing in RBs off the street on a Monday who would start the following Sunday. That was a wild time!)

I hadn't thought about that angle. But yeah, that is an important aspect for this. Nice catch.

And Nick Goings took advantage of the opportunity to etch his name in Panther lore. For a brief moment anyway. But that was a different time.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Cargo shorts might have been one of the best inventions ever developed for men, right there with voice activated remote control and sexy optional and convenient adult diapers, and due to some women complaining that we look "stupid", now you all think these things are dumb.  Well on game day, I do not care what I look like, and I can spend 20 hours in my recliner without ever leaving it, since I have a portable fridge beside me and the Papa Johns guy has permission to enter without knocking. 

I have given some thought to mans best inventions- with not picking canned beer, slice bread, wallet, and whiskey. Its a little gray area too with my idea and many dont use/have one currently. My current best guess is a decent air compressor. Now the the gray area is you need tools to attach to the unit, so..... But my god at what its capable of,  near endless options and it transforms you into a stronger, smarter, and faster man. Save gas with having correct air pressure in tires, blow off leaves, cut/grid steel, loosen/tighten bolts, drive nails, etc etc.

Honestly mans best inventions is the ability to control fire....... off in the far distance is a shower...so my air compressor may not even be in the top five......cause those some many others contenders battery, car, A/C, million medical things, plane, Dupont, bra, computer chip, A bomb, toilet that you can sit on.....  Interwebz went form being one of the best to worst currently, having the same issues as the gun....

Edited by Basbear

The Panthers said they wanted to get as many good players as possible at all positions and then eventually, the team figures out how to win together.

Despite the present changes, the number of actual starters that are new on the depth chart may be low, so there has to be constant churning to be assured you have those good players as starters and backup positions .