• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper says "no way in hell" he'll build a dome

On 6/9/2021 at 5:09 PM, frankw said:

Few even care. Charlotte is beginning to resemble any other generic big city. You would think it wouldn't be a discussion met with ridicule considering everything the world has been through the last year and the increasing wealth gap only growing larger along with the net worth of many of these billionaires. But heads will remain buried in the sand. It is the American way and the wealthy don't want educated consumers they want that cash flow.

Charlotte residents have the opportunity to flip the script -- and it all hinges on voting wisely.

Don't vote on party lines, don't vote on skin color...

...ask hard questions and vote on the issues.

Vote Billy Maddalon for CLT City Council this Fall --- he is capable of Just Saying NO to the billionaire Panthers owner.

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Wasn't that one of the reasons for talk of a dome?  And people will come where ever the game is.

There's no need for a dome in order for Charlotte to host a Super Bowl.  Jets/Giants Stadium hosted a Super Bowl and they don't have a dome.

You're correct, folks will attend regardless of where the game is...

...but Charloot is waaay down the list of preferred destinations ...fans around the country aren't pining to come to the CLT.

Super Bowls should be held in warm weather destinations that offer a wealth of other recreational options...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

13 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Wasn't that one of the reasons for talk of a dome?  And people will come where ever the game is.

Out of curiosity I was looking at the historical locations of past Super Bowls and ran across this wiki page:  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl

Interesting passage in the attached screenshot...

...can CLT provide this?

7135D5DC-0438-460F-B0AF-9271D4B37BAF.jpeg

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It's a nice thought but why would anyone want to come to Charlotte for a Super Bowl?

Not sure if you've done a US tour but I have. I think Charlotte is a really nice city. Prepare to be disappointed if you think Charlotte sucks and I'm not from there so I have no skin in that opinion.

16 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not sure if you've done a US tour but I have.

I think Charlotte is a really nice city.

Prepare to be disappointed if you think Charlotte sucks and I'm not from there so I have no skin in that opinion.

I have. 

Agreed, really nice, wouldn't live here if it wasn't. 

Super Bowls should be held in warm-weather/vacation type destinations that offer a wealth of other recreational options...

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Not sure if you've done a US tour but I have. I think Charlotte is a really nice city. Prepare to be disappointed if you think Charlotte sucks and I'm not from there so I have no skin in that opinion.

Many many times. It's OK but lacking in anything not built in the past 20 years. You can only go to so many breweries. It's a very shallow city.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1