• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More love from ESPN

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Parsons is probably a lock for DROY. One, he plays LB. Those guys usually transition well early. Two, he plays for the Cowboys and will have the media cradling his sack from day one. Three, he's a helluva talent.

CB >>>> LB in terms of positional value, so I'm happy with our pick. But if I was making a bet on DROY, I'd bet Parsons.

The Panthers would need something like  10+ wins and Jaycee would have to have 6+ picks to get DROY.

It really helps to be part of an elite unit.  I think his post is dream scenario.

The potential is there.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 2

I really do feel like our defense is going to be a problem for opposing teams regardless of how Darnold/the offense does. I’m absolutely cool with our trademark being an aggressive fast and attacking defense. Opposing offenses will know and feel when they play the Panthers this year. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Parsons is probably a lock for DROY. One, he plays LB. Those guys usually transition well early. Two, he plays for the Cowboys and will have the media cradling his sack from day one. Three, he's a helluva talent.

CB >>>> LB in terms of positional value, so I'm happy with our pick. But if I was making a bet on DROY, I'd bet Parsons.

One guy who has a good situation is J. Philips. An outside LB/rush end on a good, 3-4 D, will give him many opportunities to rack up sacks which is mainly what awards will be given by. 

The LB Davis in WAS is in a similar position as Parsons. With a much better DL in front of him. Davis may transition faster simply from his line makes it easier. I’d still take Parsons long term. 

6 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

I really do feel like our defense is going to be a problem for opposing teams regardless of how Darnold/the offense does. I’m absolutely cool with our trademark being an aggressive fast and attacking defense. Opposing offenses will know and feel when they play the Panthers this year. 

Remember Darnold will also have some effect on the defense if he’s turning the ball over consistently. Gotta give the D a breather.

that said this defense has tons of potential and is majorly talented. We’re just still young. I’m expecting a jump this year with next year or the year after being a top 5 unit. If they do that this year we are gonna win a bunch of games.

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Remember Darnold will also have some effect on the defense if he’s turning the ball over consistently. Gotta give the D a breather.

that said this defense has tons of potential and is majorly talented. We’re just still young. I’m expecting a jump this year with next year or the year after being a top 5 unit. If they do that this year we are gonna win a bunch of games.

The most picks Same ever had was 15, and that was his rookie year.  His INT numbers have gone down every season.  I dont get this narrative that hes some huge, Jameis Winston type turnover machine.  He had 11 INTs last year, and 13 the year before.  I think he will lower that to around 10 this season.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

The most picks Same ever had was 15, and that was his rookie year.  His INT numbers have gone down every season.  I dont get this narrative that hes some huge, Jameis Winston type turnover machine.  He had 11 INTs last year, and 13 the year before.  I think he will lower that to around 10 this season.

i look forward to the "I told you so" posts when he throws the first one

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, stackofbacon said:

i look forward to the "I told you so" posts when he throws the first one

LOL nobody is saying hes not going to throw ANY INTs....and WTF kinda fan are you where your first reaction to your teams QB throwing an interception is to jump on the internet and say "Told you so"?

Get a grip, dude.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1