• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 Carolina Panthers rookies who could steal starting jobs in 2021

SBBlue

It wasn't uncommon for us to start 3 WRs last year so it's likely Marshall does get some starts. 

Taylor, nah

Nixon, nah,

Tremble, sure depending on what they are doing in a particular game

Brown, not completely crazy to think he gets a start for various reasons. Also not out of the question he barely sees the field

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

It wasn't uncommon for us to start 3 WRs last year so it's likely Marshall does get some starts. 

Taylor, nah

Nixon, nah,

Tremble, sure depending on what they are doing in a particular game

Brown, not completely crazy to think he gets a start for various reasons. Also not out of the question he barely sees the field

I think Tremble, Brown and Marshal should earn starting spots.  I also think BC and UDFA David Moore have legit shot at earning a starting spot on the line if they don't get it due to injuries. I know 3 rookies on the line is a lot, but we are that weak there.   Fletcher will earn the LS spot as well.

2 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Im very intrigued with this kid. 

Assuming we start 3 DB's who do you think he would push out?

Well he would have to push out Bouye and Jackson first. Taylor is not a nickle back. He is an outside corner, and we so happen to have the most depth there in the secondary. Its an uphill battle for him.

• Pie 2

I think people are sleeping too hard on Marshall. 

The bottom line is that Robby Anderson isn't a physical WR, despite his size. Marshall brings everything Robby does to the outside WR position, but he's better at getting off blocks and catching in traffic. Marshall also has less experience in the slot.

I fully expect Marshall to eventually overtake Robby on the outside, and see Robby moved into the slot.

4 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I think people are sleeping too hard on Marshall. 

The bottom line is that Robby Anderson isn't a physical WR, despite his size. Marshall brings everything Robby does to the outside WR position, but he's better at getting off blocks and catching in traffic. Marshall also has less experience in the slot.

I fully expect Marshall to eventually overtake Robby on the outside, and see Robby moved into the slot.

If Marshall is as good as advertised, that is the ideal scenario for us. DJ and Marshall outside and Anderson in the slot. 

8 hours ago, SBBlue said:

link:5 Carolina Panthers rookies who could steal starting jobs in 2021 (catcrave.com)

Deonte Brown – Carolina Panthers OG

Terrace Marshall Jr. – Carolina Panthers WR

Daviyon Nixon – Carolina Panthers DT

Keith Taylor Jr. – Carolina Panthers CB

Tommy Tremble – Carolina Panthers TE

Why is Horn not on this list?  Or is it assumed that Horn starts and these are the 'other' rookies who could break the starting line up?