• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Ramczyk Contract

shaq

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I ask you the same thing as Madwolf

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. Who are you paying and where would rank Moton form that list? Try to be real in terms of contracts, 35 million is truly tiny.

Goodluck paying Moton 18-22 million per and paying Sam 40+, DJ Moore 20+, Burns20+, Jackson 12+, Anderson 15-20, Reddick 15+. Maybe call Mickey Loomis for some tips, idk bro....

LOL at paying Anderson $15-20M and Reddick $15M+. Why would you bother with Marshall, Smith, Moore, YGM, Fox and Burns? See my post above, I answered and it seems pretty straightforward. You are thinking we will keep everyone and you're still ignoring the fact that we have some of them already in the 2022 and 2023 cap numbers.

Also, ROFLMAO on Sam at $40M+. If we are paying him that in 2023 then Moton's $19M will look like peanuts because of the new TV deal or Darnold is a freaking stud.

I won't even comment on Jackson at $12M+. I don't know where you are getting these numbers.

Edited by stbugs
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I ask you the same thing as Madwolf

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. Who are you paying and where would rank Moton form that list? Try to be real in terms of contracts, 35 million is truly tiny.

Goodluck paying Moton 18-22 million per and paying Sam 40+, DJ Moore 20+, Burns20+, Jackson 12+, Anderson 15-20, Reddick 15+. Maybe call Mickey Loomis for some tips, idk bro....

The Saints would pay them all and still sign top named free agents. Its just excuses at this point if we can't get it done. I mean I thought this is why we hired Samir?

Edited by Jared Patterson

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I view Ramczyk as better, LOL at most PFFFfff ranking. Id much prefer a rando huddler ranking. I would not be playing that either, just I feel he is a better player. Darrell Williams at 8 million per is more my liking. RT is not in my top half of valued spots. I got QB, WR, LT, C, CB, DE, DT and even TE above. Smart move is play out this year, do the same thing next. Tag is cheaper than 18+ per and make a hard choice in 2023. 

PFF has them identical and that USA today article has Moton as better. Look, it's a coin flip on who you like but acting like they aren't in the same ball park is incorrect, especially considering the "help" both have in the rest of their OL. That said, the new TV deal is coming around and you'll be shocked. If we can tie up Moton for 5 more years at $19M, do it. Cut Shaq and save $25M in cap space in 2022 and 2023. That makes Moton's deal $14M a year.

Just now, stbugs said:

FYI, there's $49M in cap space according to OTC and we can save $12M, yes $12M if we cut Shaq with a post 6/1 designation. That also doesn't include the $10M in space we have right now that could be rolled over. OTC has 2021 rollover as $0. We also have $2M in cap savings if we cut Thomas (OTC has a mistake on their site for his dead cap, they have an extra 0).

So, realistically, we'll have around $60M in cap space with another easy $12M if we need it. DJ Moore and Darnold are already on the 2022 cap for their 5th year options. Burns is on 2022 already as well and his 2023 cap number will only be around $12M assuming he makes 1 pro bowl.

In 2022, all we'd have to worry about is Moton, Donte and maybe Reddick. If we keep Anderson and not Moton, we are morons. Also, Reddick may not be worth keeping if YGM/Fox shine. If they get decent deals, take the comp picks. Donte is a big question mark. He certainly isn't a top CB right now, so he could be relatively inexpensive to lock up for a few years and this is his make or break year.

Seems like 2022 FAs should be easy. Sign Moton and likely Donte and see if Reddick fits well and is worth it. Hopefully, Marshall, other Moore and Smith make Anderson dispensable (and draftable WRs are way up lately). 2023 will really be about Darnold and Moore and 2024 will be Burns and maybe Chinn (franchise deal for S should be not so bad either) and Brown is 2025 after 5th year option. Seems like it should be very doable. Would it be way easier if Marty didn't splurge last year, yes, but still very doable. If Darnold blows, then a rookie QB will also keep cap down.

You are forgetting Paradis and Reddick signed/added years on the contract to lower this years cap number. Its about 13 in dead cap coming for both, plus Boston(around 5ish). You can sign and you know Darnold and Moore want money right now or in 2022. Most teams sign players before the 5th year, just like the recent RT Ram example. Its coming, big big contracts are coming, hide behind that 5th year if you want, they want new deals before it. 

We do not know the roll over, I think its safe to place the value around 5. Weird math, carry the one...... about 35-43 million, hence my 35-ish comment. If the reports are true about Moton wanting top overall tackle, you people can sign off and support that.. Im going to pay Moore, Burns, and god Im hoping to Darnold a insane amount too. Moton doesnt fit in my formula.

21 minutes ago, stbugs said:

PFF has them identical and that USA today article has Moton as better. Look, it's a coin flip on who you like but acting like they aren't in the same ball park is incorrect, especially considering the "help" both have in the rest of their OL. That said, the new TV deal is coming around and you'll be shocked. If we can tie up Moton for 5 more years at $19M, do it. Cut Shaq and save $25M in cap space in 2022 and 2023. That makes Moton's deal $14M a year.

I got Ram as 1-3 and Moton as 8-11, not a big difference. Checkout those names and contracts below the top paid, my guy....some are below 10 million and better or as good as Moton. Why are you willing to pay Moton 20+ when other teams are paying less than ten for close to same play? Form what I know you can not cut Shaq after his recent contract reduction, Moved like 8-10 down the road in signing bonus, just like CMC.  Again Im paying Burns, Moore, and others long before I get to Moton........My mathz shows room for 10-ish RT, not 20 one. I swear Moton got some of you fooled good, hes above average player and great pro. Hes not irreplaceable or worth 20 million, hes only the 3rd best RT in the NFC south too. 20 Million is 1st team all-pro money..

Edited by Basbear

45 minutes ago, stbugs said:

LOL at paying Anderson $15-20M and Reddick $15M+. Why would you bother with Marshall, Smith, Moore, YGM, Fox and Burns? See my post above, I answered and it seems pretty straightforward. You are thinking we will keep everyone and you're still ignoring the fact that we have some of them already in the 2022 and 2023 cap numbers.

Also, ROFLMAO on Sam at $40M+. If we are paying him that in 2023 then Moton's $19M will look like peanuts because of the new TV deal or Darnold is a freaking stud.

I won't even comment on Jackson at $12M+. I don't know where you are getting these numbers.

Just healthy new TV contracts for talented young players. They are not set in stone, rough numbers for future contracts given each is playing at their highest level while healthy(said that in the first part). Its mainly to show all can not be re-signed. If you pay Moton and Darnold, you may have to let Burns or Moore walk. Most here dont see the issue in paying Moton 20. I do whens its RT and hes above average. Id rather use cap space on DE(red/burns), WRs (ander/moore), and even CB(Djack). You feel other-wise. This reminds of everyone calling me insane when saying re-sign Samuel for 3yrs 21 million. Gosh huddle needs a better way to show its history when many are in the hive-mind mode. 

Edited by Basbear

Moton at LT. Brady C at RT

you just vastly improved the OL situation if this is done. Don’t over think it 

Moton flips pancakes no matter where he lines up. He’s really good 

11 hours ago, Basbear said:

You are forgetting Paradis and Reddick signed/added years on the contract to lower this years cap number. Its about 13 in dead cap coming for both, plus Boston(around 5ish). You can sign and you know Darnold and Moore want money right now or in 2022. Most teams sign players before the 5th year, just like the recent RT Ram example. Its coming, big big contracts are coming, hide behind that 5th year if you want, they want new deals before it. 

We do not know the roll over, I think its safe to place the value around 5. Weird math, carry the one...... about 35-43 million, hence my 35-ish comment. If the reports are true about Moton wanting top overall tackle, you people can sign off and support that.. Im going to pay Moore, Burns, and god Im hoping to Darnold a insane amount too. Moton doesnt fit in my formula.

I feel like we discussed this before. Go here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/2022/

And you’ll see Reddick and Paradis both in the cap list. That $47M cap includes them and Shaq could save us $12M more and $5-10M rollover plus $2M for Thomas gets us to $54-71M. Since only Moton, Anderson (no need to keep him), Donte (won’t be $12M+) and Reddick (won’t be close to $15M+) aren’t in our 2022 cap, that sure seems like an easy job to keep Moton, Donte and maybe Reddick. Anderson makes no sense to keep.

I got Ram as 1-3 and Moton as 8-11, not a big difference. Checkout those names and contracts below the top paid, my guy....some are below 10 million and better or as good as Moton. Why are you willing to pay Moton 20+ when other teams are paying less than ten for close to same play? Form what I know you can not cut Shaq after his recent contract reduction, Moved like 8-10 down the road in signing bonus, just like CMC.  Again Im paying Burns, Moore, and others long before I get to Moton........My mathz shows room for 10-ish RT, not 20 one. I swear Moton got some of you fooled good, hes above average player and great pro. Hes not irreplaceable or worth 20 million, hes only the 3rd best RT in the NFC south too. 20 Million is 1st team all-pro money..

Moton = Ramczyk and both are >> Williams. You’re willing to throw $15-20M a year on Anderson and Reddick, but not Moton? He’s a lot better than you think and there’s multiple sites that put him in top 3-5. The best young RTs right now are in the NFC South. You are way underselling Moton and guess what, those older RT contracts are meaningless now. Marty needed to extend Moton last year to save money.

Also, Burns doesn’t get “paid” until 2024 and Moore until 2023. We are doing a 2022 cap exercise right? It’s easy to fit Moton in with Donte as well. We don’t need the other two, we damn well need Moton.

I’ll sign Moton and get a comp pick for Anderson and you can have fun with Little, Daley, Erving, Miller, Elflein and the rookies and see if Sam has time to get it to Anderson in 2022.

This reminds of everyone calling me insane when saying re-sign Samuel for 3yrs 21 million. Gosh huddle needs a better way to show its history when many are in the hive-mind mode.

I would have never called that insane but I’m glad we didn’t sign Samuel for his current deal. I’m pretty sure I said I knew he was going to make money because all those FA WRs were potential franchise tags/extensions and most of them were already off the market.

I just think you are way undervaluing RT versus WR (there’s been so many good draftable WRs the past couple years) and LB and I think you are trying to justify getting rid of Moton by calling him just above average. Our OL is trash without Moton and with the rookies and more OL drafting, we can build an affordable and solid OL.

This reminds of everyone calling me insane when saying re-sign Samuel for 3yrs 21 million.

I would have been absolutely pissed off if they signed a WR3 for what Samuel got.

I don't know how you expect the skill position players to accomplish anything with no one blocking.