Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Jaycee Horn has the most ridiculous coverage resume ever


Icege
 Share

Recommended Posts

I like Horn and this guy does good videos and I’m definitely hyped but just so I don’t get overly excited and potentially let down I just feel the need to say that I bought into the Isaiah Oliver hype from him a few years back and that guy was a massive bust... 

  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

I really, really like the idea of building a complete team that allows a young QB to be brought in and helped out so that they're not brutalized into a shortened career.

Imagine if Cam came in to the NFL and the team had a legitimate defense those first two seasons.

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

Well we passed on the potential 4th best remaining rookie QB. Consider that a TE even got drafted before him. A TE... 

 

  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Well we passed on the potential 4th best remaining rookie QB. Consider that a TE even got drafted before him. A TE... 

 

To a team that HAS A QB, AND OWES A TON OF MONEY TO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Well we passed on the potential 4th best remaining rookie QB. Consider that a TE even got drafted before him. A TE... 

Patrick Mahomes had three receivers and two running backs taken before him. Drafts can be weird who knows how the kid will be 5 years from now.

Edited by frankw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

now that I've watched the video, I feel even better about my suspicions that we've drafted our best corner ever, and a chance to be the best player we've ever drafted.  Kollman, who I've never heard of, obviously knows what he's talking about, and for him to say Jaycee is the best he's seen since Ramsey is pretty impressive.  I'm not sure I've ever been more excited about a draft pick.

Also, I hope to see more posts from Kollman. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

He needs to be considering we passed on a top rookie QB prospect. We seem to be taking the SF approach of build the BEST possible team, and insert QBs as needed if one doesn't work out.

With the notion that IF we have a complete team we can mortgage picks to move up if needed, but if Darnold aka our Garoppollo works out then ok to that as well.  

It seems pretty obvious that you rate Fields way more than our coaching staff did. I was pretty excited at the prospect of getting Lawrence or Fields heading into last season myself. But many teams clearly cooled down on Fields. Two relatively small school QBs went ahead of him.

My point is you can lose sleep at night comparing Fields to Horn for the next three seasons but it doesn’t appear our staff was all that interested in him. Whether it was Horn or someone else, it’s likely we were taking someone other than Fields regardless. So comparing them all season is pointless. We clearly didn’t want him. Whether that is was the right or wrong opinion remains to be seen. But he wasn’t ever coming to Carolina.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll never forget chilling with Joe Charlton in my apartment here in South End, 2 months before the draft and before Horn really got everyones attention.... He told my friends and I that Horn was "BY FAR the best corner in the draft." At the time I was thinking it was Surtain, but he told me Horn was 10xs better and the best athlete he had ever seen...

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It seems pretty obvious that you rate Fields way more than our coaching staff did. I was pretty excited at the prospect of getting Lawrence or Fields heading into last season myself. But many teams clearly cooled down on Fields. Two relatively small school QBs went ahead of him.

My point is you can lose sleep at night comparing Fields to Horn for the next three seasons but it doesn’t appear our staff was all that interested in him. Whether it was Horn or someone else, it’s likely we were taking someone other than Fields regardless. So comparing them all season is pointless. We clearly didn’t want him. Whether that is was the right or wrong opinion remains to be seen. But he wasn’t ever coming to Carolina.

 

I know fans can get upset at the draft. I mean, I can get a bit upset myself. But after a while, you just gotta let it go man. I mean, after so long who cares. I just don't get it. For us fans harping on the past has no bearing on the future.  

 

I guess it's all part of being a fan. It takes all kinds. I tell ya what.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...