• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

16 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

I will respectfully disagree.  Darnold plus either Sewell or Horn was the low risk decision.  Before either steps on the field, you have to allow for the possibility that Fields may bust.  Darnold may also bust but in selecting either Sewell or Horn, you have two chips in the game (Darnold +), rather than just one (Fields).  And this fits with Fitterer's philosophy of trading down to get more players, which is more opportunities to succeed in the draft.  Given the flop rate of first round QB's, choosing Fields is equivalent to pushing all your chips in on your current hand.  You will win big or leave the game.  I don't think Fitterer or Rhule were willing to risk that outcome.  Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

I don't think the flop rate of first round CBs is much better than QBs. Both seem like risky positions. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

FWIW, I had some good exchanges with Omar Kelly, Miami's beat writer, back in the day when I used Twitter more, and I've been following him ever since...  they're having joint practices with Chicago and he tweeted this after the first one:

checking blood and oil GIF

• Beer 1

FWIW, I had some good exchanges with Omar Kelly, Miami's beat writer, back in the day when I used Twitter more, and I've been following him ever since...  they're having joint practices with Chicago and he tweeted this after the first one:

Teddy had accuracy and anticipation too.

That's too bad about Fields. Most of this board are hoping he can prove Rhule, and Fitz wrong. I'm sure he will get better? Right?

• Beer 2

31 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

That's too bad about Fields. Most of this board are hoping he can prove Rhule, and Fitz wrong. I'm sure he will get better? Right?

He got no favors from the universe in going to Chicago. He and Zach Wilson face quite the uphill battle but that's the downside to going in the top 10 as a qb you know you're going to a crummy situation. Ask Burrow.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, frankw said:

He got no favors from the universe in going to Chicago. He and Zach Wilson face quite the uphill battle but that's the downside to going in the top 10 as a qb you know you're going to a crummy situation. Ask Burrow.

Excuses for Fields. Wow, who'd a thunk it. Folks will give Fieldsv a pass, but rip into Sam? What is wrong with this picture?

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Truth. Virtually every high pick QB ends up in a shitty situation. It's just the reality of being a high pick QB. Trey Lance got really lucky.