• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

17 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Considering Decker has 3 more years, after this one. So Sewel isn't going to LT any time soon. Strange pick.

Yup, just didn't make any sense...unless they were unhappy with Decker, and that obviously wasn't the issue.

I like Horn, and Sewell may turn out to be hugely overhyped, but man, I was drooling.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Yup.  

On the up side, it gave us something to complain about on the huddle. soooo....

That was a jail break.  Sewell's guy was one of three who met at the QB.  The guy who really got beat like a drum was the RG and the QB couldn't step up into the pocket...thus both edge rushers were able to get home as well.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Yup, just didn't make any sense...unless they were unhappy with Decker, and that obviously wasn't the issue.

I like Horn, and Sewell may turn out to be hugely overhyped, but man, I was drooling.

He's raw as hell and didn't play last year.

They clearly thought they could remould him into a RT so they could have bookend OTs. 

So one minute this fan base complains because we don’t value OTs enough but then make fun of the Lions for drafting one when it isn’t their top need. 

OTs are hard to find, OTs are expensive, OTs are important, I won’t fault a team for drafting a guy that a lot of people considered the one they drafted a generational talent at that position.

You can find a WR later, think about it, even if you are willing to spend big in free agency there isn’t a guarantee you can find a very good OT.  Most years there are several quality receivers on the market.  

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

So one minute this fan base complains because we don’t value OTs enough but then make fun of the Lions for drafting one when it isn’t their top need. 

OTs are hard to find, OTs are expensive, OTs are important, I won’t fault a team for drafting a guy that a lot of people considered the one they drafted a generational talent at that position.

You can find a WR later, think about it, even if you are willing to spend big in free agency there isn’t a guarantee you can find a very good OT.  Most years there are several quality receivers on the market.  

No doubt. And as soon as Sewell gets used to the NFL, Decker is top 10-15 type value in any trade. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

No doubt. And as soon as Sewell gets used to the NFL, Decker is top 10-15 type value in any trade. 

You don’t even have to trade him.  Decker is under contract for 4 more years, Sewell is cheap for 4 years.  Once Deckers contract is up you pay Sewell and hope you have a new rookie to fill the other tackle spot.  
you keep both OT spots strong and you are only having to pay one big contract.  It is how every team should be doing it.