• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

On 8/9/2021 at 5:16 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen is the most stunning NFL success story I may have ever seen. It's difficult to overstate just how raw and inaccurate he was as a passer in college. The development he's made as a passer is nothing short of stunning.

Man, where did they find his quarterback coach? 🤔

• Pie 1

On 8/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

If you would've drafted Fields at #3 and passed on him at #8 because of trading a 2nd round pick and a couple of mid-rounders for a former bust, oh wee the fug mayne. Successful organizations draft QBs in the 1st with aging MVPs in the roster.

Had that discussion previously...

The notion that you could like a quarterback well enough that you'd have drafted him with the #3 pick but you pass on that same quarterback with the #8 pick is one of the silliest things I've ever seen.

For pretty much any team, a guy that they like well enough to take high dropping to them at a far lower spot is such amazing good fortune that you'd run to the podium to get the pick in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The notion that you could like a quarterback well enough that you'd have drafted him with the #3 pick but you pass on that same quarterback with the #8 pick is one of the silliest things I've ever seen.

For pretty much any team, a guy that they like well enough to take high dropping to them at a far lower spot is such amazing good fortune that you'd run to the podium to get the pick in.

Yeah, I'm giving us the benefit of the doubt and assuming we simply weren't that high on Fields. Because if we would've drafted him at #3 and made the trade for Darnold because we didn't think Fields would be there then passed on Fields when he did end up being there at #8... wow. We'd be really dumb.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Except that bolded is not what was originally stated. 

This is @AU-pantheroriginal post: "If we had lost to WFT and were picking 3rd, do we still trade for Darnold?  Would we have picked Horn at 3 over Fields if we don't have Darnold?  I can't say for  100% we would have."

You will note, there is no mention of pick #8 anywhere in that quote.

That bolded part was Linville Gorge's response. He obviously missed the mark. 

I just don't think it's fair to @AU-pantherto keep perpetuating this misquote. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Man, where did they find his quarterback coach? 🤔

Had cam for what 6 years and got 0 improvement year to year. 2 years with allen and hes the MVP(should have won in my book). Coaching up players..... depends on the players at times......I heard he played a Ricky Phrol role, more of his buddy and never coached him with a heavy hand. The staff was scared to upset the Icon, minus one dumbass tie on airplane deal. RR was a bad leader for Cam and Ken followed his lead some. All are to blame, including Cam too given what happened at panthers north.... One of the greatest coaches in history - "great men want to be coached ".

On 8/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, frankw said:

If Deshaun Watson and Justin Fields are the top 2 most referenced names here for 2021 Adam Gase has to be a close 3rd. He's like Beetlejuice. Can we officially shoo him away for good when Sam throws his first official pass of preseason?

Sure. If we can do the same for Deshaun and Justin.

Just now, Basbear said:

Had cam for what 6 years and got 0 improvement year to year. 2 years with allen and hes the MVP(should have won in my book). Coaching up players..... depends on the players at times......I heard he played a Ricky Phrol role, more of his buddy and never coached him with a heavy hand. The staff was scared to upset the Icon, minus one dumbass tie on airplane deal. RR was a bad leader for Cam and Ken followed his lead some. All are to blame, including Cam too given what happened at panthers north.... One of the greatest coaches in history - "great men want to be coached ".

Dorsey not having the same success with Newton that he's had with Allen has a lot more to do with their respective head coaches than it does Dorsey himself.

Rivera didn't let Dorsey be a real QB coach. He made him into more of a buddy.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not to mention the lack of thorough TC coverage. I hope this eventually goes away and we allow more coverage of the team again. 

Seriously. TC is basically uncoverable right now. We get maybe a dozen tweets and a few pictures from the grassy knoll each practice and that's pretty much it.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Plus in reality, Mayock isn't in charge of sh-t.

Everything in Las Vegas goes through Gruden.

This needs to repeated more, Chucky has ALL the power and final say. He hates rookies and much prefers vets. Mike was to be the ying to Chucks yang, but nothing but yang is going on. Over-rated as any HC in NFL history. Found a owner with the thinking hes the one above all and still living off a tdungy SB roster win. Wish he was still fuging up TB as HC, joke of HC, great on the mic tho....

• Beer 1