• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

5 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

Good coaching counts…..setting up a young, raw QB with everything he needs to succeed helps…….when he was drafted, Wyoming QB Josh Allen had a cannon and could run, but couldn’t “hit the broad side a the barn”.  He didn’t win in a lower conference schedule, was owned by power 5 programs.

Patience, great coaching, a team built around him, he signs a big contract in year four.

Enter Greg Little!! Kidding… kind of,..

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m not 100% sure we would have drafted any QB not named Lawrence at 8. I think we are very high on Darnold. Hopefully our staff can show us why this year. I’m also not sure we ranked Fields below Horn as much as we considered the QB position set and needed a CB. If we had a RB ranked above Horn we would have passed because we simply don’t need to use that kind of capital on a “luxury” pick since that position is set. I’m not saying I agree, but I feel that’s our staff’s school of thought.

It's a moot point because there was zero chance Wilson was ever going to be available at #8 but if he was, you can bet your bottom dollar we would've drafted him. We're not high enough on Darnold to have passed on Wilson.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a moot point because there was zero chance Wilson was ever going to be available at #8 but if he was, you can bet your bottom dollar we would've drafted him. We're not high enough on Darnold to have passed on Wilson.

On a serious note, what ranks Wilson above Fields? Arm talent is a wash, Fields is bigger and had more success against better competition for a longer period of time without the shoulder injury. I can’t figure out why a lot of people have Wilson so much higher than Fields. Not really Panthers related, but just confuses the hell out of me…

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

On a serious note, what ranks Wilson above Fields? Arm talent is a wash, Fields is bigger and had more success against better competition for a longer period of time without the shoulder injury. I can’t figure out why a lot of people have Wilson so much higher than Fields. Not really Panthers related, but just confuses the hell out of me…

Wilson's arm is different. The ability to deliver the same velocity and accuracy no matter the body position. But I would've happily drafted Justin Fields and pounded that drum hard. That's one we could end up regretting for years. We'll see.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Zod said:

From what I gather, Christensen had zero reps with the first string. On a day with multiple first stringers being out.

I don't think we will see him at all this year unless there are numerous of injuries.

Wow. Just wow

there are times when I have many concerns with Rhule’s oline and QB philosophy 

this,  is one of them.  

• Pie 2

Just now, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

We don’t know that the Panthers have Fields ranked below Horn. We know that the Panthers think highly or at least hope that Darnold can succeed during his time here in Carolina. And, they didn’t want Darnold to feel pressure from Fields. 

This is the NFL. It's not about holding hands and avoiding players feeling pressure. They usually want the exact opposite. I feel certain if we had Fields rated above Horn that he would've been the pick, especially since QB is by far the most important position in football. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wilson's arm is different. The ability to deliver the same velocity and accuracy no matter the body position. But I would've happily drafted Justin Fields and pounded that drum hard. That's one we could end up regretting for years. We'll see.

You know it.  

You and I have lived through all of the recycled QBs from coaches who thought what the had was enough 

The number of QBs, Fox alone, passed on in free agency (Brees cones immediately to mind) and the draft is sad 

when you have a chance at Fields you take it, big pla for a big school in big games. Darnold never achieved that level 

horn is a nice CB, but he neither sells tickets or touches the ball the way a QB does 

• Pie 4