• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

1 minute ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

The NFL is about holding hands. The only team that I can think of where coaches don’t hold their player’s hands is New England. Rivera always favored his veterans. I thought that Rhule would be different. I was wrong. Rhule brought in many of his former coaches and players from college. He played Tahir even after knowing Tahir was terrible. He just cut a rookie OL but Sam Tecklenburg and Clay Johnston are both still on the team. Why? They are former players at Baylor. 

The Packers drafted a QB in the 1st last year while having arguably the best QB in the NFL on their roster. He won the NFL MVP award. If you're holding hands in this league you're doing it wrong. If you're passing on talented prospects because you're sold on a bust reclamation project then you're really doing it wrong. I hope we simply didn't have Fields rated that highly as a prospect, because if we did and we passed then this current leadership is likely to get us nowhere. A quality QB on a rookie contract is the most valuable roster asset in today's NFL.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

We don’t know that the Panthers have Fields ranked below Horn. We know that the Panthers think highly or at least hope that Darnold can succeed during his time here in Carolina. And, they didn’t want Darnold to feel pressure from Fields. 

You made that up. Typical Troll move. You just couldn't resist, could ya?

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen is the most stunning NFL success story I may have ever seen. It's difficult to overstate just how raw and inaccurate he was as a passer in college. The development he's made as a passer is nothing short of stunning.

Maybe I just heard so much raving about his arm, running ability his entire senior year….Jordan said he would be a star (heard through his FIL, in our tailgate and season ticket group), Sam kept raving about him as well.  They kept saying, just wait…..

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Packers drafted a QB in the 1st last year while having arguably the best QB in the NFL on their roster. He won the NFL MVP award. If you're holding hands in this league you're doing it wrong. If you're passing on talented prospects because you're sold on a bust reclamation project then you're really doing it wrong. I hope we simply didn't have Fields rated that highly as a prospect, because if we did and we passed then this current leadership is likely to get us nowhere. A quality QB on a rookie contract is the most valuable roster asset in today's NFL.

Yeah, the Packers aren't regretting that at all.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

That’s what European and Spanish soccer leagues do. That’s why they’re so much better than Americans. 

Dude, you got no clue.
I mean it's obvious often, but it doesn't stop you from putting your thoughts out there in a way, like they are the truth. Sad to witness.

There is a german saying that I have to think of very often, when I have to read your bs. It goes like this:

No clue about anything but an opinion about everything.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well that is disappointing to hear but not all that surprising. I assumed he would at least play G for us this season but I am still happy with the Christensen pick. NFL is a massive jump from BYU (Zach Wilson will learn this the hard way) and I still believe there is a lot of upside in pass pro once Christensen gets up to speed. Maybe it takes him a year or two. As long as he is coached up and gets there, thats fine. 

i read the golden boy has been throwing picks galore at jets camp

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a moot point because there was zero chance Wilson was ever going to be available at #8 but if he was, you can bet your bottom dollar we would've drafted him. We're not high enough on Darnold to have passed on Wilson.

we dont know that...we passed on fields

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He’s one of the picks I was worried about. Felt like we were riding the train of thinking too highly of BYU playing against some really bad competition last year. 

I liked the pick, despite his age and BYU's doodoo comp, because his athletic measurables were some of the highest from an OL measured relative to his position, which fell in line with pretty much all of our picks.  Pairing that draft profile along with his experience and history as a starter there and the year they had, despite the obvious issues with it being BYU, I was excited for his potential.

All that being said, as we have seen time and again, athleticism doesn't make you a great football player and competition matters - respectively, neither determine success or failure alone, but they do matter.  The fact they didn't give him a single look with first team today tells me it's likely at best he ends up a solid backup.  He could be a late bloomer,, but being a 24 year old rookie,, I doubt it.  Very disappointing, but still hope he is just taking a while to get adjusted.