• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers.... Odds be damned — they look like more than a 7.5-win team (*we think)

SBBlue

37 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Care to explain? Because IMO, Sam has room to grow. And Teddy is what he is.

Just like last year everything is probably going to boil down to the QB position. I like Sam and hope he develops but I would not put money on him after last season. 

Maybe it's just years of the Panthers conditioning me to have low expectations though.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Just like last year everything is probably going to boil down to the QB position. I like Sam and hope he develops but I would not put money on him after last season. 

Maybe it's just years of the Panthers conditioning me to have low expectations though.

Sam has talent. Yet NY did absolutely nothing to develop that talent.

Whereas here, he is getting all the Coaching this staff can muster.  And it is working. He has taken off the last few weeks. If he can transfer TC to the field? We gon be good Offensively.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Nothing here that no one else has already said... but it is a difficult bet this year.

It all comes down to Darnold. If he plays to his potential and limits his mistakes we could win 11 games. If he is terrible we might only win 4.

I would be more willing to put some money down next year when we know what Sam can do with his second chance.

That's why it's called gambling. If you knew the outcome, there is no gamble. So yeah,  always go with B. lol

• Beer 2

On 8/12/2021 at 12:08 PM, iamhubby1 said:

Care to explain? Because IMO, Sam has room to grow. And Teddy is what he is.

He's in year 4. He not only needs to grow, but he needs to move from being the consensus worst starter the last 3 years to being top 3rd.

That's a large gamble. If he's just middle of the road he's no better than Teddy. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

He's in year 4. He not only needs to grow, but he needs to move from being the consensus worst starter the last 3 years to being top 3rd.

That's a large gamble. If he's just middle of the road he's no better than Teddy. 

With all the angst in that post, I feel you've backed me into a corner. But, here goes.

He is talented, he is getting coaching, he has weapons. There is every reason to believe he is going to improve. If he plays well, we should have a really good year. He doesn't have to be a top QB for us. Just be good enough.

There is no gamble. If, Zod forbid, he stinks it up. All it cost us was a 2nd rounder, and 1 year of a rebuild.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

With all the angst in that post, I feel you've backed me into a corner. But, here goes.

He is talented, he is getting coaching, he has weapons. There is every reason to believe he is going to improve. If he plays well, we should have a really good year. He doesn't have to be a top QB for us. Just be good enough.

There is no gamble. If, Zod forbid, he stinks it up. All it cost us was a 2nd rounder, and 1 year of a rebuild.

There is no gamble in whether Sam Darnold will be a good QB? 

🤣 🤣 🤣