• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the Indianapolis Colts media is saying about the joint practice

Zod

I’m just getting annoyed because reading live tweets it seem like a 60/40 Colts but now everyone wants to panic and make it seem like we got dominated which doesn’t seem to be the case is just the negative Nancy’s want it to be

i’m currently listening to WFNZ and Willie P makes it seem like the defense was god awful even though he said multiple times he didn’t even really watch the defense… How does that work

Edited by Panthercougar68

Paradis won’t help much. I get it, he’s a 5-10 top paid C so people see that and think production. But it was a shitty contract, decent signing. We got 1 garbage year and 1 average year for that money. I would not expect anything above average this year. But yea average always means great for the Panthers.

Edited by onmyown

In todays NFL, you are going to have some weak position groups...that's what the salary cap really does, however, what the Panthers have done is value certain position groups higher than others, and it's often been the wrong ones.

Most Valuable:

Quarterback

Offensive Line

Defensive Line

Secondary

While we have always valued the defensive line, we have always undervalued the QB and the OL position group...for some ungodly reason.

This year, we look great at these position groups:

Wideouts

Running backs

Defensive Line

Now that's not to say that RB and WR aren't important, but they just simply aren't as important to winning as OL, QB, and Secondary....IMO.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Paradis won’t help much. I get it, he’s a 5-10 top paid C so people see that and think production. But it was a shitty contract, decent signing. We got 1 garbage year and 1 average year for that money. I would not expect anything above average this year. But yea average always means great for the Panthers.

Paradis has had a major injury already in his career and is having back issues now and he will be 32 this fall. Ryan Kalil called it quits for Carolina at 33. Odds are next year we will be exploring options at center.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Yeah, his play is just average. I liked the signing but looks like the Broncos were right about him and that injury. But, his presence will still help with protections, etc.

1 hour ago, socalfan said:

Hey guys...first post here.   My son played with Sam at USC and they were roommates for two years.  How has Sam looked so far?

There isn't a great deal of information to speak of this year to form a full picture but he has had some nice throws and found some consistency after a few turnovers when camp first began. The question is can the protection allow him to develop and find his groove.

6 hours ago, SBBlue said:

They overperformed last year with a quick release.  On paper, it looked worse than any Cam ever had.  Yet we were top 10 in pass pro.  Run grade is a different matter, so a little below average overall.  

Now maybe it was a fluke, or maybe they know what their doing.  I guess we'll see.

The same Cam that had a defensive tackle playing left tackle? Oh ok hun 

Edited by AceBoogie