• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Oh that's right, in practice he's redshirt but I can only imagine watching said practice made Rhule say no starters, bc he didn't want Darnold to get his mouth busted open/heart broken before the season even started. 

I think most teams aren’t playing starters week one. It’s mainly to see who looks good in real action to see who makes them team/depth chart. I wouldn’t really look too much into it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

"We did a lot of good things football wise but it was not the energy I wanted yesterday offensively ...so today I wasn't on the defensive field so I have no idea but offensively there was much much better energy.

"So day two I can't say the execution's there but the energy level and I think our guys fighting back and I say fighting back not fighting back but showing some resiliency "

"I thought we protected the quarterback pretty well except they brought some exotic pressures "
On Fighting
"When you see scraps like that kind of between the two teams... is that something you want to kind of see a little bit ...you got a bunch of dudes like this out here they're going to be a little pushing it...as long as it doesn't escalate to the point of guys getting hurt or ruining the practice ."

On 1s and 2s playing on Sunday
"Most of our ones won't play,  it'll be mainly our twos and threes that will play. There might be some ones that play."
"We didn't really substitute the ones very much here. They took all six play racks eight play racks to try to get them some good work here and now we'll get the twos and threes a chance.   This year's different we're cutting down to 85 on Tuesday so I want to make sure that all 90 guys that are healthy have a chance to put it on tape..Sam won't .  Plan something for him in games two and three ... I’ll take it and  I’ll tell you step by step ."

Some fighting is good but it can get out of hand quickly.  Difference between being a pro player and an, so, so player.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the new preseason schedule, it's odd how teams are treating the 1st game like they used to treat the 4th game. I would've thought we would see them approach it like the old 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games in that order.

I'm guessing now that we're going to see the new preseason schedule treated like the old 4th, 3rd, and 1st games in that order. I didn't expect that.

Getting psyched up for reduce preseason games.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

With the new preseason schedule, it's odd how teams are treating the 1st game like they used to treat the 4th game. I would've thought we would see them approach it like the old 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games in that order.

I'm guessing now that we're going to see the new preseason schedule treated like the old 4th, 3rd, and 1st games in that order. I didn't expect that.

Isn’t the first cut down on Tuesday? If so, this makes sense.

• Pie 4

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think most teams aren’t playing starters week one. It’s mainly to see who looks good in real action to see who makes them team/depth chart. I wouldn’t really look too much into it. 

Good QBs in established roles haven’t been playing.  Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Dak, Murray. 

Cam, Goff, Hurts, etc all have played.  

Pretty clear line.  And Darnold easily falls into the Goff, Cam, Hurts group that needs the reps.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

"thought we protected the quarterback pretty well except they brought some exotic pressures "

Great news. I'm sure none of our opponents will bring any exotic pressures.

I hope the practice against the Colts exotic D will help us get better.

Edited by trueblade

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Getting busted in the mouth a split second after receiving the snap isn't gonna be helpful reps.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So we need PJ to get the hell beat out of him but Sam busted in NY because he got the hell beat out of him?

Dang dude. Awfully dramatic don't you think. Go straight to worse case scenario. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Good QBs in established roles haven’t been playing.  Matt Ryan, Tannehill, Dak, Murray. 

Pretty clear line.  And Darnold easily falls into the Goff, Cam, Hurts group that needs the reps.

Sam just got 2 days of practice against the Colts. How many more reps does he need against them? He wouldn't get many more playing  a series or two. 

Sam probably got as many reps, or more, than those guys. But hey, let's make a big deal out of this.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Dang dude. Awfully dramatic don't you think. Go straight to worse case scenario. 

Not worst case scenario, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Can't put our money on Darnold only sucking because of an adverse situation in NY while at the same time thinking our backup needs to go through a similar adverse situation to get battle hardened. 

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Kind of flies in the face of all the 'he's basically a rookie' or 'the staff sees him as a rookie' talk.