• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Day Menu

Captain Morgan

10 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

for an incredibly healthy meal, that looks incredibly good...kudos!

Yeah, my wife says I need to start selling plates to people who are dieting or just want to eat healthy. Honestly, there's not much to it. Baked fish and veggies, cooked with spices--including lower fat dressings, marinades and mustards--with zero calorie cooking spray as opposed to butter. The meals range on average from 350-400 (maybe a little more or a little less depending upon the ingredients).

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

We are ordering pizzas today butttttt for my home crafted taste I am creating the greatest hors d’oeuvres of all time 

the one..the only…pigs in a blanket 

and beer 

there have been occastions when that is on my game day menu...everybody loves pigs in a blanket.

@Captain Morgan not that you asked for it (but I used to think that tilapia had "no taste"):

Preheat your oven to 425.

Spray your foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle some onion powder, garlic, powder, black pepper, and a light bit of Tony CA here's Creole Seasoning on the pan. Place your fish on it and poke your fish a little bit with a fork. Pour Worcestershire sauce on the fish (not necessarily drowning it). Spread a bit of French's Honey Mustard on it. Then sprinkle it with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and a more generous amount of Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning than you did on the pan. Just be careful with the seasoning, as it has salt in it (as does the Worcestershire sauce and mustard). If you like, LIGHTLY sprinkle it with cayenne pepper if you can stand a little heat. And top it off by sprinkling a little chives and parsley to add to the flavor and make it pretty. Oh, if you're a fan of cheese, sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it or a parmesan-romano mix (like Mama Francesca's). This will add a little flavor and texture, but it's relatively really low in calories compared to other cheeses. But, the cheese isn't necessary. I just do different things sometimes.

Bake the fish for a minimum of 13 minutes and a maximum of 23 minutes, depending upon how you like your fish and/or what you're trying to achieve. I generally like mine a little "harder" or even just a little "blackened" around the edges.

0627211806.thumb.jpg.d166d5ae44b875f3d2b01fed5ac826fd.jpg

As for the veggies, I generally use frozen California or spring mixes, cauliflower, riced cauliflower, broccoli, or whatever. The same things that I use to spice the fish up are the same things I use for the veggies. Sometimes I'll use the same spices on the fish and veggies the same night, but at many times I'll mix it up. I sometimes will add a little sour cream for texture and flavor, or a wedge of flavored light cream cheese (about 30 calories). 0627211801.thumb.jpg.98c0083ae9f215303598fea09a0966b7.jpg Just be aware that you'll have to be heavier on the spices than you were on the fish in order to achieve the flavor.

I cook it all on high in a stainless steel wok. Just spray it with the cooking spray first. I can have the entire meal prepared in 20-25 minutes.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Uwontdoit81 said:

Pork butt marinated/cooked with orange and lime juice, cilantro, mint, oregano and cumin. 

shred it up, throw it on a bun!

I totally wanted to do a butt today but today is my birthday and I didn’t feel like waking up super early to get it going plus the wife kid and I went out for breakfast

• Pie 1