• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was the best Carolina Panthers player today?

Zod

6 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I'm going to say the first half offensive line: Scott, Maskey, Tecklenburg, Deonte Brown and Brady Christensen.  They allowed 0 sacks, 0 FF, 161 yards passing with 0 interceptions and 80 yds rushing from the RB while the QB didn't have to run for a single yard.   

Was it perfect?  No.  Were there penalties? Yes.   

But extrapolate that out to a whole game and we would have blown them out.

With as much trash the huddle has given our O line, I think a thanks is due when they do decent. 

I should add LIttle to the list.  Yes I know, I know.  But Scott took 14 snaps, didn't have his best day, and  LIttle took 33.  

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, heyzeus said:

Yep. Hacked off he didn't score, gotta love that passion! It's hard not to be excited about this rookie class, like, super freakin' stoked.

There are varying schools of thought on this but, with last year a complete defensive draft, and this year virtually all offense, there is little doubt in my mind the Panthers are in year two of the rebuild process.

Honestly, it feels like we have adults in charge for the first time ever and this is coming along splendidly. Somebody slap me and wake me up.

Definitely year 2, IMO. I'm of the opinion that we have a decent chance of picking up a wildcard spot this year, although I know it's way too early to have more than a gut feeling about that. Marshall, Hubbard, and Tremble flashed. Christensen and Brown held their own on the right side of the line. Shi made a nice catch. A LOT to be stoked about.

Not to leave out the D rookies. Nixon and Hoskins looked decent (not a glamorous position), and Taylor made some plays, as did Luvu and Fisher at LB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

PJ prove a couple doubters wrong, didn't throw a pick...baby steps

I came in to mention this.   Was he the best player yesterday?  No.  Did he exceed expectations when given the chance?  Absolutely.   Not saying we should scrap Darnold and he is the answer, or that he has nothing left to prove at QB but it was promising to see he looked like a capable backup option.  

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Kenny Robinson had the highest pff grade with an 89.7.  He also looked solid to my eye at least.   He took most of his snaps at FS but he also took some snaps at slot.  He's someone I've hoped would start to flash eventually. 

The coaches aren't going to be happy about that 15 yard penalty, but I agree that he showed some promise. I liked that draft pick last year and it disappointed me when he was cut. Hopefully things start to click for him. I think he has some talent to work with.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Kenny Robinson had the highest pff grade with an 89.7.  He also looked solid to my eye at least.   He took most of his snaps at FS but he also took some snaps at slot.  He's someone I've hoped would start to flash eventually. 

Robinson looked good, not sure why he isn't mentioned more in this thread. Imagine if him, Taylor, and Horn all pan out. 6'3, 6'2, 6'1 Roller Coaster Fun GIF by Vevo