• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I have to say… I liked what I saw out of Christensen

TheBigKat

On that Terrace Marshall play

busted coverage and Brady forming a wall on the right allowed PJ to get this pass off. I watched other plays and was impressed with this young man

yes it’s preseason

yes its backups but I saw on one play more than I’ve seen out of Greg Little in 2 years

Those ‘short arms’ looked to be working just fine

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The left side of the OL was so awful all game that I doubt Brady had time to give up much pressure before the left tackle beat him to it. Still, after the negative reports out of camp I was at least somewhat pleasantly surprised by him today.

I still don't get why we're playing him at right tackle when we just re-signed Moton, especially when we need help at guard as well.

His best skills are finesse blocking, he's not a road grader and can get bull rushed pretty easy so I have no Idea why they think he was 2nd round guard 3rd round tackle. Glad he transitioned to the right side fairly smoothly but zero reason to not give him some LT reps considering the alternatives considering that was his only position in college

• Pie 2

He did well overall, but there were a few snaps were he was straight beat, like just a speed bump.  PJ got the ball out quickly on those plays, but would definitely count as pressures allowed and could have been sacks if PJ held on another second.

Christensen isn't even on the depth chart at LG and you want to make him a starter there?

we have a vet LG that you've never seen take a snap but you want to replace him already with rookie who you haven't seen take a snap there who was a college tackle...just odd

Edited by Moo Daeng

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Agree with you on this one. Thinking it will be Moton on the left and Christensen on the right (maybe not the first game, but eventually).

I won't be surprised if this really comes to fruition after they return to Charlotte and get to real closed practices.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Christensen isn't even on the depth chart at LG and you want to make him a starter there?

we have a vet LG that you've never seen take a snap but you want to replace him already with rookie who you haven't seen take a snap there who was a college tackle...just odd

Ive seen him take plenty of snaps....5 best lineman just like Rhule says.