• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summary of Darnold's day

Zod

11 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Everyone is still figuring out the 3 game stuff and how to properly handle it. I don't think anyone is in the right or wrong yet as next year everyone could do what the Panthers did, it'll get figured out. I mean I personally wouldn't put too much stock in a traditionally conservative minded league sticking to the old poo.

doesn't seem like NFL coaches are struggling with what to do with their rookies as a collective group to date though.  

I'd rather Horn figure out with the help of 3 preseason games what he can and can't get away with.....vs throwing him into his first real NFL action week 1 vs the Jets and the learning start there.  I don't think those are irrational takes.  People don't have to agree.  But they are rooted in decent logic and backed by the acts across the league.  

• Pie 2

In all seriousness, we're stuck with Sam this year, good or bad.  This is the bed Rhule and Fitterer made, and we're all gonna have to sleep in it.  

On the positive side, the Ravens are historically one of the best and toughest defenses in the NFL, year in and year out...  great scheme and hard-nosed style.  So, a bit of a struggle is expected for a guy in a new system.  I have also said repeatedly, if we had just had a guy at QB last year who would take the shots downfield when they were there, we probably win 5 more games.  So, we may just be better off that factor alone.

On the otherside of things, even though the Colts defense was also good, this is more evidence that he hasn't yet turned the corner.  Now, this is a bit of a reclamation project, so it could be mid-season before he feels comfortable, but the troubling thing is, this is what we already saw from his time in NY.  It's not encouraging, but it's still early.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I hope Darnold turns it around when the games start mattering. And everything I’m about to say will be moot.

But if Darnold flops I want the entire staff fired. The fact they didn’t bring in another starting caliber option behind a known flop of a QB is massively unacceptable. Drafting a CB over Justin Fields when you have a known loser at QB was so dumb. 

• Flames 3

21 minutes ago, FamOstinato said:

Sam D never had 60%, stop the lies. Men lie and women lie but numbers don’t. His percentage is 59.8% and that is a fact. Google is your best friend. 😂

Uh, statistics much?  Never heard of rounding up to the next significant digit?

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

But if Darnold flops I want the entire staff fired. The fact they didn’t bring in another starting caliber option behind a known flop of a QB is massively unacceptable. 

Well, if it is unacceptable, you should tell Tepper that over lunch.  Is there anything else you want him to know?  I’m sure he will get right on it for you.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

56 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Yeah the coddling has officially gotten out of hand. Darnold is unproven and needs to be a leader of men not treated like he's still in pampers. You can publicly trash your receivers only so many times before it has a negative effect on the locker room.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1