• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still Want to Upgrade -- Via Trade??

SetfreexX

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Those are trades of first round picks for established players though.

That's not what Marty did.

Here is what your post I replied to said:

If we never again trade away a future first rounder, that won't bother me at all.

I'm not sure what Marty or trading for established players have to do with my initial response... And the context of this discussion was potentially trading for Duane Brown, who is an "established player." My point was, don't get too comfortable having 1st round picks every year with Fitterer here, he may very well start trading some of them away like the Hawks did a ton while he was there. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Here is what your post I replied to said:

I'm not sure what Marty or trading for established players have to do with my initial response... And the context of this discussion was potentially trading for Duane Brown, who is an "established player." My point was, don't get too comfortable having 1st round picks every year with Fitterer here, he may very well start trading some of them away like the Hawks did a ton while he was there. 

My post was about training away future first rounders like Marty did when he traded up to get Everette Brown. That's what I don't want to see again, and I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Trading away a first-round pick for a player who's established himself in the league is an entirely different story. On that front, it depends on who the player is.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Not that Hurney wasn’t trash but Fit has been here 7 months. Not being trash isn’t equal to competency. No one he’s drafted or brought in from FA has stepped foot on the field yet for a season. He also has limited cap to worth with. Competency is yet to be determined.

I thought finesser's FA signings were petty bad, if I had to rank it 2/10. Draft was completely opposite 9/10. Hes got something for Greg Little, I doubt many GMs could have. Just like Rhule= still digesting each before I start the god-like memes. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My post was about training away future first rounders like Marty did when he traded up to get Everette Brown. That's what I don't want to see again, and I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Trading away a first-round pick for a player who's established himself in the league is an entirely different story. On that front, it depends on who the player is.

Scot, we're not mind readers here. Make that clear in your post. All your post said was:

"If we never again trade away a future first rounder, that won't bother me at all."

And this entire thread is about upgrading LT by trade, trading up in a draft is completely out of context and irrelevant here.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that I want too, but I feel part of the Brown trade was owner pressure driven. Just lost Peppers and the owners much like fans wanted to end the win-lost seasons mess. Herniay's panic had to be the highest among the league. Herniay thought the team was very close and had Brown as a Freeny-like DE.....I believe we had Meeks former colts DC that didnt help either. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Not that I want too, but I feel part of the Brown trade was owner pressure driven. Just lost Peppers and the owners much like fans wanted to end the win-lost seasons mess. Herniay's panic had to be the highest among the league. Herniay thought the team was very close and had Brown as a Freeny-like DE.....I believe we had Meeks former colts DC that didnt help either. 

From what I've read about that draft, Meeks was pretty big on Brown. He believed Brown was another Dwight Freeney.

That didn't exactly pan out.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I've read about that draft, Meeks was pretty big on Brown. He believed Brown was another Dwight Freeney.

That didn't exactly pan out.

Just like the Teddy deal, plenty of blame to go around. When people with all the power say _____ , nearly everyone agrees.

Hurney also traded a future 2nd round pick, which the next year that was pick number 33 for Armantti Edwards!!! Hurney loved to trade his draft picks away and they never worked out. Fitty seems to like to trade down and collect more picks. So far, it looks like a big improvement.