• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on potential contract extension’s

ncfan

16 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I like the idea of signing him over signing dj. Dj will cost more money and will produce fewer touchdowns imo. 

If we can afford dj, good, but I don't think he deserves top 10 money. That being said, if Sammy can throw a decent deep ball, dj may benefit from waiting another year to see if he can score more often this year and prove me wrong.

As I've been saying for a few weeks now, I'm all for giving Robby an extension, bc again, if TMJ pans out the way we hope, he will be up for one himself by the time Robby's contract would be expiring in 4-5 years, if extended.  It's brilliant team building, imo.  

That being said, DJ has to be the priority to get done first, imo.  Fitt is a changing of the guard.  The old regimes under Hurnia and Gettledouche squandered away our home grown talent.  This FO can't do that.  When you draft and identify talent, you have to retain it.  DJ's TD issues are no fault of his own...  Teddy no doubt cheated DJ out of so many of those opportunities last season.  Things will be different this year.

If Fitterer is negotiating with Anderson why are people acting as if it is their money being given away. How have we done with the cap so far this year? It is going to go up a ton next year. His cap hit this year is 12 million. If we sign him to a 2 or 3 year contract his salary hit could go down in 2022. And it won't be outrageous if the guaranteed money is controlled. So no matter who else we have, whatever money we would pay is no big deal. He will get more yards this year with Darnold who can actually throw a pretty good deep ball. I frankly am glad he is here, then again I am a fan and don't have to worry about the cap.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you watch the interview, I think the "next in line" was taken out of context. Fitterer mentioned they were working on a significant one and then one other one. When asked about Anderson, it sounded more like Anderson would be after these two in terms of "next in line". I also kind of got the vibe where it could have just been talk like "oh yeah we want to re-sign him" but may not actually have intentions to.

25 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No. It's a big contract, but CMC is a top 5 offensive weapon in this league. Yes, he got dinged up, but I had no problem with his deal. There's only a few guys capable of 2000 total yards and 20 TDs.

Also, now that QBs are getting $40M+ and the new TV deal is coming, his deal will seem cheap in a year.

And  the only RB that’s going to sign anytime soon is Barkley. He needs a great and completely healthy year to get to 15M per. And catch a lot of passes. Elliot is why the others are stuck back at 12-13M. He got his and hasn’t been the same(and neither has his OL). Kamara and CMC showed what teams will pay for their skill set. They’re worth it. The best move of last year was forcing CMC to sit instead of playing at less than 100%. Lots of carries that will be used in much more important situations. 

CMCs contract is the least of the Panthers worries with regards to how the cap has been handled.    

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Ace420 said:

I like the idea of signing him over signing dj. Dj will cost more money and will produce fewer touchdowns imo. 

If we can afford dj, good, but I don't think he deserves top 10 money. That being said, if Sammy can throw a decent deep ball, dj may benefit from waiting another year to see if he can score more often this year and prove me wrong.

Completely disagree. DJ is not even close to how truly great he can be and is just more dynamic of a receiver than Robbie a lot due to his route running and ability to break tackles after catch. You pay him now and when he reaches his true potential afterwards that contract becomes a bargain. He has gotten better every year with even no truly good Qb to work with.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Toomers said:

And  the only RB that’s going to sign anytime soon is Barkley. He needs a great and completely healthy year to get to 15M per. And catch a lot of passes. Elliot is why the others are stuck back at 12-13M. He got his and hasn’t been the same(and neither has his OL). Kamara and CMC showed what teams will pay for their skill set. They’re worth it. The best move of last year was forcing CMC to sit instead of playing at less than 100%. Lots of carries that will be used in much more important situations. 

CMCs contract is the least of the Panthers worries with regards to how the cap has been handled.    

17 hours ago, stbugs said:

No. It's a big contract, but CMC is a top 5 offensive weapon in this league. Yes, he got dinged up, but I had no problem with his deal. There's only a few guys capable of 2000 total yards and 20 TDs.

Also, now that QBs are getting $40M+ and the new TV deal is coming, his deal will seem cheap in a year.

Guess Im a lone wolf on CMCs contract. Normally when player signs the richest deal, within a couple weeks/months its no longer the top. CMC signed I believe 2 years ago, since then many great RB have new contracts, none of which is close to CMCs. I know they forced the 1k 1k season, same as the olsen three straight 1k seasons. Best player on the team for now(chinn is coming...), I just believe for his RB spot around 12 is the right top-end amount. Him missing 13 games last season didnt changer my belief, just made it stronger. 

Plus the team just pushed more money into the future, so its going to around 20(cap-wise) in a season or so. Im just not a big believer in paying RBs, i know CMC is a weapon and not RB, still most of his snaps come at RB. JUst too high for me, but I dont want to pay any RB top salary. Austin Ekeler is who Id want at the salary he got, if I wanted a CMC-version. I feel they should have let CMC play out his 5 year deal and maybe tagged him once or twice.....during which find your new, cheaper, fresher, less injury-prone RB. At 16 per, CMC needs to play at MVP level. We will see if hes able, I do know no one is stays more ready than CMC. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Guess Im a lone wolf on CMCs contract. Normally when player signs the richest deal, within a couple weeks/months its no longer the top. CMC signed I believe 2 years ago, since then many great RB have new contracts, none of which is close to CMCs. I know they forced the 1k 1k season, same as the olsen three straight 1k seasons. Best player on the team for now(chinn is coming...), I just believe for his RB spot around 12 is the right top-end amount. Him missing 13 games last season didnt changer my belief, just made it stronger. 

Plus the team just pushed more money into the future, so its going to around 20(cap-wise) in a season or so. Im just not a big believer in paying RBs, i know CMC is a weapon and not RB, still most of his snaps come at RB. JUst too high for me, but I dont want to pay any RB top salary. Austin Ekeler is who Id want at the salary he got, if I wanted a CMC-version. I feel they should have let CMC play out his 5 year deal and maybe tagged him once or twice.....during which find your new, cheaper, fresher, less injury-prone RB. At 16 per, CMC needs to play at MVP level. We will see if hes able, I do know no one is stays more ready than CMC. 

I’m as frugal as it gets with cap space, but CMC and Kamara are different and are paid accordingly. None of the others have the skill set to cause matchup nightmares at any level of the secondary. Zeke is overpaid. And Barkley has a shot at 15M/yr because he has that capability. And CMCs contract on has two years at 17.7M/per(2023-24) The others are 14 and 13M. And only 7M this year due to restructure. No 20M/yr. I’d much rather pay the top player at his position than a WR2 when they’re sitting on the next Keenan Allen on a rookie deal. 

Of all the things the Panthers waste cap space on, a possible couple extra to CMC is so far down the list. What the team paid for safeties alone could have paid a couple years. Eric Reid(10M) and Tre Boston(9.5) for bottom of the league level production. 

• Beer 1