• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No chance

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Everyone has a chance…

but if forced to name 6 teams I would think most fans outside Carolina would slot us in the 6.  Hard to get overly insulted there. 

Truth. Hell, I'm a Panthers fan and I might not have us in the 6 but I'd struggle not to have us bottom 10 preseason. That's just the honest truth with our question mark at QB, on the OL, at LB, and all the youth in the secondary. This team has to be carried by our RB, WRs, and DL.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Truth. Hell, I'm a Panthers fan and I might not have us in the 6 but I'd struggle not to have us bottom 10 preseason. That's just the honest truth with our question mark at QB, on the OL, at LB, and all the youth in the secondary. This team has to be carried by our RB, WRs, and DL.

No LB, huh?

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I do agree that somethings would have to break our way for us to make the post season but to put us in the "no chance" tier should fire everyone up.  

We were cusping it last season although a horrible 2013 cusp again. I have Rhule on the shortest leash of anyone here but I still say let’s see what they got this season. Snow is a huge X against the team though. Frankly so is Brady. But he’s another story. 

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We weren’t last year. 

Yea we tied for 7th with two other teams lol. Whoopie.

However one of those teams now has their franchise qb and best prospect in quite some time. Jags.

I personally think the Bengals will be better. Falcons too. Raiders well.

I think the garbage teams for next year will be the Jets, Lions, Broncos, and Texans.

After that…the Eagles.

Then the Panthers. So yea, if I had to guess right at 6 next year.

I’m also curious who ranks at the bottom the past three years averaged….pretty sure we are def bottom 6 then.

Edited by onmyown

Just now, onmyown said:

However one of those teams now has their franchise qb and best prospect in quite some time. Jags.

I think the garbage teams for next year will be the Jets, Lions, Broncos, and Texans.

After that…the Eagles.

Factually we were 6. Ya one win did that but… can’t change the metric based on opinion. 

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

After that…the Eagles.

Never forget the schedule is more contained than any other sport. Teams will fall and teams will rise. The question is who, and who they play is much more prevalent in this discussion. 

We're a better team than we were in 2020. 

I think Playoffs is a stretch for us this year, but it's not out of the realms of possibility. If we got there it'd be on the back of McCaffrey and Darnold (he'd have to turn into what the Jets thought they were drafting, which is entirely feasible with good coaching).

I truly believe in the coaching of the Panthers and I'm starting to see a competent NFL roster being assembled, but as the Panthers in-house media themselves say - we're still 2-5 years away from having a perennial Playoff roster like the Ravens / Colts. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We were cusping it last season although a horrible 2013 cusp again. I have Rhule on the shortest leash of anyone here but I still say let’s see what they got this season. Snow is a huge X against the team though. Frankly so is Brady. But he’s another story. 

X is good, right?

Like sick and bad are good?

I'm not as down with the kids as I used to be.