• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not bringing in competition for Darnold or Slye was a huge mistake

hepcat

I have been a fan of this team for way too long. So I’ve seen them fail way too many times. I know how this ends. If you don’t have a backup plan for the most inconsistent players at high profile positions like QB and Kicker, you’re going to have a bad time.

Now the season is about to start and Joey Slye is doing what he always does - miss easy FGs. Remember in 2019 when he missed a 19yd FG that would have won the game? How is this guy still around???

And Darnold is BARELY PLAYING? WTF. The guy hasn’t proven anything for this team. This isn’t post MVP season Cam Newton we’re talking about. It’s doofy Sam Darnold and his ghosts. He reps to be ready for the season. We don’t even know if he will be ready for the season. All we know is Joe Brady wasn’t confident enough to put the ball in his hands on 4th and goal. And that says a lot to me.

The Panthers passed on Justin Fields, didn’t sign a veteran QB like Andy Dalton, or hell even keep Teddy Bridgewater. Darnold has no completion. And he’s not the type of QB to just hand over the keys to the team to. He failed in that role already and you need to hedge your bets on a guy like that.

WTF is this team thinking? No completion for the most inconsistent guys on the team? I’m getting tired of this sh*t.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 6
  • Poo 12

2 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't care how much people poo me. Sam Darnold this offseason is the most I have EVER seen a player be sheltered. I don't see how this can be good for us. If someone has a legitimate reason why Sam has only made 2 throws I'd love to hear it.

Amen bro. How can you just crown this guy the starter? And not push him with someone else. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

No excuses for Slye.

Darnold was a calculated risk from day one. Young first round talent that may be salvageable. They tried to get better options but those all fell through. He is, and always was, Plan D.

The only valid criticism is the decision to pass on Fields. We’ll see how that plays out in 10 weeks or so.

• Pie 4

Mahomes played almost the whole first half last night..they seem to think darnolds reps in joint practice are enough for some reason. If next week is dress rehearsal and they dont come out looking fluid then its gonna be a poo storm all the way to week 1.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1

42 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I have been a fan of this team for way too long. So I’ve seen them fail way too many times. I know how this ends. If you don’t have a backup plan for the most inconsistent players at high profile positions like QB and Kicker, you’re going to have a bad time.

Now the season is about to start and Joey Slye is doing what he always does - miss easy FGs. Remember in 2019 when he missed a 19yd FG that would have won the game? How is this guy still around???

And Darnold is BARELY PLAYING? WTF. The guy hasn’t proven anything for this team. This isn’t post MVP season Cam Newton we’re talking about. It’s doofy Sam Darnold and his ghosts. He reps to be ready for the season. We don’t even know if he will be ready for the season. All we know is Joe Brady wasn’t confident enough to put the ball in his hands on 4th and goal. And that says a lot to me.

The Panthers passed on Justin Fields, didn’t sign a veteran QB like Andy Dalton, or hell even keep Teddy Bridgewater. Darnold has no completion. And he’s not the type of QB to just hand over the keys to the team to. He failed in that role already and you need to hedge your bets on a guy like that.

WTF is this team thinking? No completion for the most inconsistent guys on the team? I’m getting tired of this sh*t.

But our kicker is the number on kicker in the league. Oh wait, he no longer kicks for the Panthers, does he? Thanks Ron and Marty! Everyone here wanted him on the team but the dumb turds in charge put him on the practice squad. I hope it isn't too obvious how pissed-off I still am.