• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Darnold "coddled" ?

TheBigKat

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Stafford is a proven commodity that the Huddle board completely self destructed when it came out the Panthers sent an offer out for him.  They thought he was that bad.

Well the Huddle isn't a great measuring stick for intelligence. Just read through the various threads talking about how Cam Newton was a terrible passer or we have a top 10 defense in 2021 or Sam Darnold is a rookie, etc, etc. 

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I am using the standards set before me.

I am told Darnold should start and play more because he is on a new team with a new system.  Don't yall back track on your "Darnold should play more" wagon now.

Or at least have a meeting or something.

What standards did I set? 

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

I get the rationale the staff is using in that he’s getting all his snaps against the other teams ones in the joint practices, however there is something to be said for sitting back there in a semi-real game knowing you could get hit. 

I figured he would play about three series last night. Having him in there for only one drive that started on the 35 yard line and ended in a four and out at r goal line, just confirms my thinking that Rhule is in way over his head. 

Said he’d be out the league in 3 years.. once this season flops dude is getting chip kelly’d real fast

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Let me ask you this, let's say he only gets two series in the next game(not likely but we will roll with this hypothetical) and then he promptly shits the bed as our starter during the 2021 season. Are you gonna blame that on missing reps in the preseason?

shits the bed? 

I’ll blame Rhule for just botching management of the QB position in general.   That going all in on Darnold was silly from the jump and talk about the obvious mistake in the draft.  Fields 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, CRA said:

shits the bed? 

I’ll blame Rhule for just botching management the QB position in general.   That going all in on Darnold was silly from the jump and talk about the obvious mistake in the draft. 

Shits the bed, as in he sucks.

Will you blame his failure on lack of preseason reps?

1 minute ago, CRA said:

shits the bed? 

I’ll blame Rhule for just botching management the QB position in general.   That going all in on Darnold was silly from the jump and talk about the obvious mistake in the draft. 

So this is basically all about you falling in love with a QB (I assume Fields) and not being able to get over the fact that the Panthers FO / Coaching staff thought that Horn and Darnold were a better gamble?

Cos there are no facts backing up your arguments, just conjecture. Like going 'all-in' by using a 2nd round pick in a trade. For reference, going all in is sending 3 first round picks to a team for a player / Draft pick. 

If Darnold doesn't work out this season we roll the dice next year on someone else - we've already shown we're happy to move on from failing QBs with average starting contracts. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

When even someone like Steve Smith is saying aloud from his position with the franchise that this guy should be playing it goes without saying they are protecting him to the point of arguably going overboard. Some people are taking any criticism of this staff personal no different than the early Rivera or Fox days when it's simply a part of the job 🤷‍♂️

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

When even someone like Steve Smith is saying aloud from his position with the franchise that this guy should be playing it goes without saying they are protecting him to the point of going overboard. Some people are taking any criticism of this staff personal no different than the early Rivera or Fox days when it's simply a part of the job 🤷‍♂️

Steve Smith has a history of very level headed statements.  Its basically been his M.O.

• Pie 1