• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We aren't likely to address the offensive line with big offseason signings. If you haven't noticed, we dumpster drive and draft. If that doesn't work......it just kind of is what it is.

100% disagree with that strategy but that certainly seems to be the case.

Yep. This must be a written rule somewhere in BOA.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

What is clear is the Panthers are giving Darnold every possible opportunity to succeed. The Panthers have a really good stable of WRs (when was the last time they could say that?) and continuity in knowing they'll likely be together for the next couple of years.

Regarding the contract, it just bumps up his salary this year to 12.5 and then adds two years and $25 to that. Of the 37.5M, 20 is guaranteed. I saw nothing about a signing bonus, so it's likely there would be NO hit to the cap if Robby doesn't work out and is released at the end of next year. I don't see a downside.

The last time the Panthers had a really good stable of WRs were the Smitty, Moose, and Proehl days. And that was such a long time ago.

As for the contract, good for Robbie getting paid.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 3

10 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I expect that Brady will scheme to get CMC plenty of chances, and he'll certainly get the ball often, but I kinda expect this to be a relatively down year for him in yards compared to some. I kinda expect it to be more like his first couple games last year, with 1 r 2 more targets per game.

Maybe, but that also featured Teddy.  A QB who had spent years in a comparable pass scheme with a built in clock to get rid of the ball quick. 

I just see them going much more CMC heavy in the pass scheme than those opening Teddy games with Sam. 

and I admittedly have been super high on Marshall since the moment he was drafted.  So I’m bringing that baggage with me.   Think there are high odds he falls in line pretty quick.  Which is why I preferred them to wait and see what he really looked like…..and then make the Robby decision. 

2 hours ago, Captroop said:

Well, we're paying him not only like a #1 receiver, but an elite #1 receiver. So he better perform like one on game day.

Not sure how you're defining elite, but according to the list on page 10, he's the 18th highest paid receiver. Taking into account how many teams have their WR1 on a rookie contract (like us), and it seems like a fair deal to me. He is definitely making WR1 money though.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Maybe, but that also featured Teddy.  A QB who had spent years in a comparable pass scheme with a built in clock to get rid of the ball quick. 

I just see them going much more CMC heavy in the pass scheme than those opening Teddy games with Sam. 

I kinda see those opening games as how the offense was hopefully going to go before everyone realized Teddy couldn't throw it down the field for poo. Sam supposedly can... But we do hear a lot about check downs in camp, so I guess we will see.

If the offense goes more like how things were vs the Chiefs, well, then your numbers are more likely right.  But I do expect 1k yards from Robby this year regardless.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Huh? It’s a two year deal. Are you thinking he could play two years and only get $20.5? Guaranteed money of $20.5M only comes into play if we don’t need him anymore after year 1 and we give him $20.5M for that year. How’s that a win? He’ll see both years, but I don’t see it as a good thing to only pay the guaranteed money for one year.

I'm not very familiar with the mechanics of the cap. Just trying to say that I think the money is reasonable.

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

15M a year for Robby? This is absolute trash. He’s worth 6-8M a year at the best. Welcome Hurney 2.0. Ffs. 

Can’t believe I’m doing this, but agree that is way too much cash for him

only rationale I guess is the shortened 2 yr deal cost us more?

36 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Robby Anderson was scheduled to make $8 million in 2021, but with extension the Panthers added $4.5 million to this season to make his 2021 salary $12.5 million. He will get $13 million in 2022 and $12 million in 2023, per a league source.

That’s not $30m for 2 yrs

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

That since Samuel makes 12.5m a season and Robby makes 15m that we overpaid Robby?  Robby is a much more proven wide receiver.  The fact that its only 2.5m more a year than Samuel got to me says we got a good deal on Robby.

Samuel is the most overpaid receiver in the league 

19 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I kinda see those opening games as how the offense was hopefully going to go before everyone realized Teddy couldn't throw it down the field for poo. Sam supposedly can... But we do hear a lot about check downs in camp, so I guess we will see.

If the offense goes more like how things were vs the Chiefs, well, then your numbers are more likely right.  But I do expect 1k yards from Robby this year regardless.

The two 1000k WR feat isn’t a very common thing you see in the NFL.  

• Pie 1