• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

reminder, Samuel just signed a 3 year/ 34 mill deal. 

they overpaid Rhule's Robby IMO.   And now there are high odds DJ Moore walks away.  The better younger WR on the roster.  That doesn't seem smart. 

Robby and Samuel arent comparable.   If anything I think it proves the opposite of what you think it does.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, Verge said:

Not a huge fan of the deal. Like it even less if it means losing DJ.

Actually if you look.  I’m not sure it will effect this.

DJs rookie deal won’t end until after 2022 and new deal wouldn’t kick in until 2023.

Robby’s deal ends after 2023.  So only 1 year you’d have to puzzle the cap

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

The Steelers are paying ONE WR 9M this year. The rest are one rookie deals. And they let JuJu test FA before paying him that. Not nearly the same. 

The Steelers are also an INSANE outlier when it comes to WR development/scouting. They literally always have filthy young receivers on rookie deals that they drafted and developed.

• Pie 1

Just now, ncfan said:

Actually if you look.  I’m not sure it will effect this.

DJs rookie deal won’t end until after 2022 and new deal wouldn’t kick in until 2023.

Robby’s deal ends after 2023.  So only 1 year you’d have to puzzle the cap

Yeah and it is extremely easy on a DJ extension to have his cap hit in 2023 be very low. This deal actually makes it more likely we keep DJ than if we had extended Robby for longer.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

Not a huge fan of the deal. Like it even less if it means losing DJ, which isn't a guarantee by any means. 

I think if this deal was intended to affect their plans for DJ then they would have done longer than a 2 year extension. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

How much guaranteed?

29 mil means nothing if it's only like 17 guaranteed. 

Also probably some incentives baked in there, the initial number reported is always higher than the real number. Wouldn't be surprised if his cap hits are closer to $12-13M/year (on average, I'm sure the structure will be different).

• Pie 1