• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen in at Left Tackle...

firstdayfan

I just don’t want 2 rookies on one side. Would prefer:

Brady-Daley-Paradis-Brown-Moton

but don’t think Elf and Miller have lost their spots (yet) so it’s:

Moton-Elf-Paradis-Miller-Brady C

but Daley has an in right now if Miller or Elf are benched. Then comes Brown after that.

About Brown:  He was very active.  I liked what I saw, but he got confused a bit.  Now, that could be Tecklenburg as much as anything.

The player I thought sucked the most?  Paradis.

I need to watch it again, but I was tracing pressure back to A gap all night long.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

About Brown:  He was very active.  I liked what I saw, but he got confused a bit.  Now, that could be Tecklenburg as much as anything.

I need to watch it again, but I was tracing pressure back to A gap all night long.

Paradis is hot garbage. Maybe instead of Elfein at G, try him at C. Have Brown and Miller/Daley as our Gs.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

Paradis is hot garbage. Maybe instead of Elfein at G, try him at C. Have Brown and Miller/Daley as our Gs.

I like that idea.  Paradis lead the league in "help ups" last year.  Saying to his QB, "My man just pancaked you...Let me help you up."

20 minutes ago, davos said:

I just don’t want 2 rookies on one side. Would prefer:

Brady-Daley-Paradis-Brown-Moton

but don’t think Elf and Miller have lost their spots (yet) so it’s:

Moton-Elf-Paradis-Miller-Brady C

but Daley has an in right now if Miller or Elf are benched. Then comes Brown after that.

I understand the rookie concern. But they are better than the vets right now. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The rookies are not playing until they learn all the protections.  The sad part is the current starters know them and they still can't protect worth a damn.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Ironic that the Huddle has been obsessing about LT all preseason, when we had a complete dumpster fire tonight on the interior.  And will somebody please explain to Paradis that rollerblades are not game day approved equipment.

Edited by bythenbrs

31 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Ironic that the Huddle has been obsessing about LT all preseason, when we had a complete dumpster fire tonight on the interior.  And will somebody please explain to Paradis that rollerblades are not game day approved equipment.

That's an interesting point. To be fair, my OP was to simply point out that BC was finally getting a shot to play on the left, something I don't think he's even done in camp.

But you're absolutely right, if you go back and watch those drives in the first half the pressure was usually coming from the interior. Often paradis, but elf and miller missed blocks too.

Makes me wonder if it was more of a scheme thing than anything else. The Steelers were doing a lot of stunts (although paradis did get flat out beat more than once).

• Pie 2