• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cuts from around the league

Mr. Scot

Another guy that looks interesting to me for OT depth is Darius Harper who was just cut by the Chargers.  UDFA from Cincinnati, he put up a notable performance at his schools pro day, posting an elite 8.23 relative athletic score (RAS). His best marks from the day include a 5.05 in the 40, a 30.5-inch vertical, and a 4.54 in the short shuttle.

Harper projects well as a developmental tackle prospect with an upside of a swing tackle in the NFL. He’s got a prototypical build and notable athleticism, two of the best indicators for a decent floor at the next level

Chargers had too many tackles for him to even have a chance so he may be worth a look on tape.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

What else can they do?

Can't stash him on IR as he's not injured. Can't cut him as then you can't trade him. Isn't technically suspended by the NFL yet either I don't believe. They're in a tough bind. 

20 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Why is this a surprise?  Surely no one expected he would just be cut, right?

This is really the only thing they can do.  His trade value is non-existent right now, right or wrong.  He's worth $67 million in dead cap this year and $51 million next year.  The only way the Texans get out from under that is by waiting until 2023 to cut him OR find a trade partner.

Very few people believed they'd stick to their guns. Everyone kept saying they'd blink and accept a lesser offer.

For better or worse, Caserio doesn't seem inclined to relent.

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:
Source: The #Bills are trading DE Darryl Johnson to the #Panthers.

Wait, I thought he played fullback?  Hold on, didn't he retire a long time ago??  How can he play games and be an announcer???  I'm so confused????? 😆

You’re confusing Darryl with his brother Daryl and his other brother Darrel.

If you remember this, you are old as dirt (as am I) and if we meet, I will buy you an Ensure.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

Your confusing Darryl with his brother Daryl and his other brother Darrel.

If you remember this, you are old as dirt (as I am) and if we meet, I will buy you an Ensure.

Bob Newhart.  Couldn't tell you the name of the sitcom but yes I'm old.

• Pie 1