• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Not when they make stupid moves when we need help in other spots that are more important. That’s what happens when I think we’ve never had back to back winning seasons.

I get the continued concern about the offensive line... I share it big time, especially on the left side.  And Paradis has been overpaid the whole time he's been here.  Unfortunately, short of guys playing better than expected and/or schemed around, it's going to be an issue all year.

As for LB, I think the coaching staff views LB as more settled than a lot of fans do.  The emergence of Jermaine Carter & Frankie Luvu is a big deal.  Shaq is solid even if he is overpaid.  Reddick is going to get a lot of playing time.  Chinn is also going to line up a lot more as a LB than I think the coaching staff wants to let on.

I think we are going to play a lot of 3 safety looks with Chinn, Burris, and Sam Franklin where Chinn is in a hybrid role.

Rhule has given Phil Snow everything he has wanted since he's been here... I think if Snow felt we needed another LB it would happen

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hopefully they have a corresponding trade to get a pick back

Yikes....Provided Sam pans out and a stud O-line doesn't drop to us we desperately need to trade back in the 1st and maybe 2nd to add more picks.

I loved the way we stockpiled picks, 11 to be exact and they all seem like their gonna contribute in their own way. I never want to go back to the Hurney trade ups, coming away with 5 picks and getting 1 1/2 contributors per draft.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

We’ll see how dumb u think is when we don’t get any oline and watch Darnold get put out after a couple weeks.

Who out there would you have us pick up that is going to magically improve the group we already have?  Not like there are a lot of top flight LT's out there just waiting to get scooped up right now...

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

We’ll see how dumb u think is when we don’t get any oline and watch Darnold get put out after a couple weeks.

This is a legitimate concern... and the idea that it is going to be solved 2 weeks before the season is probably a pipe dream

I honestly think Darnold will be a decent QB with all the weapons he has, but there were times, especially early on, against the Steelers backups where Darnold was having to abandon the pocket immediately due to pressure ala Mahomes in the Super Bowl... no QB is going to do well with immediate pressure up the gut.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Who out there would you have us pick up that is going to magically improve the group we already have?  Not like there are a lot of top flight LT's out there just waiting to get scooped up right now...

Very true... it's still a valid argument and indictment that this organization has peddled out bad offensive lines for the majority of the past decade, and unfortunately, this season isn't looking great either in regards to either performance or stability on something so crucial

4 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Yikes....Provided Sam pans out and a stud O-line doesn't drop to us we desperately need to trade back in the 1st and maybe 2nd to add more picks.

I loved the way we stockpiled picks, 11 to be exact and they all seem like their gonna contribute in their own way. I never want to go back to the Hurney trade ups, coming away with 5 picks and getting 1 1/2 contributors per draft.

Good thing is our final roster this season very well may comprise of 30% draftees from the last two drafts.  That’s insane!  Also means we can afford to walk into the draft next year with fewer picks.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK--off topic--when again can we ditch the gut and the nut pics?

After next week...week1.  FYI, when you passed in front of me at training camp, you had put on some weight, I noticed, and didn't use enough gel for Spartanburg humidity...your hair has nearly flat!  C'mon man, you can't let yourself go like this...

My gut has been this big for years and I proudly show it off!!!

Edited by 45catfan
  • Flames 1