• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's cuts

Captain Obvious

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is there really anyone we have on the bubble this year that would have people howling? With TC coverage practically non-existent we don't really have any TC heroes this year.

Come on this is the huddle LG!! I would sperg out if Nixon, David Moore, Franklin got the pink slip.... Panthers could wave a couple cuts that no one foresees, RHule and Finesserere are still new and have a type. Fans dont now how meetings are going/classroom/people interactions/etc are going.   

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Is there really anyone we have on the bubble this year that would have people howling? With TC coverage practically non-existent we don't really have any TC heroes this year.

Not really.  And it feels like all of the rookies should make it except maybe Fletcher.  Might be some slight grumbling if Hoskins or Nixon are let go.  I really hope we hang onto them all, again, outside of whoever wins the Fletcher/Jansen battle, I would be disappointed if we let one of them go bc they all had moments.

Bayless seemed like he was on his way to being a camp star, but whether it was poor reporting or him just falling off, he just didn't seem to sustain the momentum.  Shi Smith should be a lock after RA, DJ, TMJ, and D. Moore, and I think after them the last spot goes to either Saunders or Zylstra.  

Yeah, the more I type, the more I realize we already seem to have a good grasp on who makes it and/or are less invested because the reporting was so sparse in TC, so I'll stop now.😂

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Come on this is the huddle LG!! I would sperg out if Nixon, David Moore, Franklin got the pink slip.... Panthers could wave a couple cuts that no one foresees, RHule and Finesserere are still new and have a type. Fans dont now how meetings are going/classroom/people interactions/etc are going.   

We probably can't keep all of Franklin/Robinson/Chandler/Burris/Hartsfield so maybe one of those is worth a 6 or 7 but theres' already been a good amount of safeties cut outright. Secondary is gonna be some hard decisions on the depth

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not really.  And it feels like all of the rookies should make it except maybe Fletcher.  Might be some slight grumbling if Hoskins or Nixon are let go.  I really hope we hang onto them all, again, outside of whoever wins the Fletcher/Jansen battle, I would be disappointed if we let one of them go bc they all had moments.

Bayless seemed like he was on his way to being a camp star, but whether it was poor reporting or him just falling off, he just didn't seem to sustain the momentum.  Shi Smith should be a lock after RA, DJ, TMJ, and D. Moore, and I think after them the last spot goes to either Saunders or Zylstra.  

Yeah, the more I type, the more I realize we already seem to have a good grasp on who makes it and/or are less invested because the reporting was so sparse in TC, so I'll stop now.😂

I think this a a good analysis. Knowing what other teams would be willing to trade for takes knowing the other teams way better than I do. I could only give an answer as to how I perceive the players as a Panthers' fan which doesn't carry any weight with any team and most other Panthers' fans. 

LS, both of these players would be an improvement for many teams. A potential SB team might be willing to trade for Jansen if they saw LS as a weakness as that could cost them at a big moment. For Fletcher idk, maybe. 

I can say that I expect Johnson's signing means that Nixon is definitely not 1 of the 53 and possibly Hoskins too depending on whether we carry 8 or 9 DL or if we trade someone we perceive as above him like YGM. I wouldn't include Haynes due to his versatility. 

WR is difficult because it depends on how we decide to list Cannon because Rhule came as close to endorsing him as a 53 as he is ever likely to do for his ST skills. Returner and Gunner he said was rare and he was perhaps the best gunner in the league I think he put it. If he's listed as WR then both Saunders and Zylstra are likely gone. 

Of these players, the most likely to get a trade offer for would be YGM, Hoskins, Saunders and Zystra, Jansen and Fletcher in that order but YGM would be a surprise trade so Hoskins maybe the most likely and then it's possible a team desperate for a PR might take a shot at Saunders or Zylstra. But the only players I'd think we could definitely get a pick for would be YGM who isn't a bubble player I believe but just perhaps could be considered expendable if the offer was good as well as Hoskins for his potential. The others are all shots in the dark. 

I'm just happy that for the first time we have multiple positions where I'm really torn over who stays and who goes. I'd like to keep each one of them and in most years we probably would have except for the LS battle.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

We probably can't keep all of Franklin/Robinson/Chandler/Burris/Hartsfield so maybe one of those is worth a 6 or 7 but theres' already been a good amount of safeties cut outright. Secondary is gonna be some hard decisions on the depth

Told everyone for months- Safety is *NOT* an issue. Out of the group list, chandler is gone for me.......thing is hes played well and hes a temple bro...... Krob could meet the turk, Ill sperg out just not on the huddle....

I swear need to move a safety (not named Chinn) to LB.....I predicted franklin would do that last year and hes still my pick.......but he didnt get my memo about this and thus didnt add weight(looks a little slim for WLB work). Its a good thing if you have hard decisions. By seasons end there should be talk that this is be the best DB group in panther history. I already feel CB has the most talent, my safety group needs to prove my benefits Ive had months ago. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Told everyone for months- Safety is *NOT* an issue. Out of the group list, chandler is gone for me.......thing is hes played well and hes of thee temple bros...... Krob could meet the turk, Ill sperg out just not on the huddle....

I swear need to move a safety (not named Chinn) to LB.....I predicted franklin would do that last year and hes still my pick.......but he didnt get my memo about this and thus didnt add weight(looks a little slim for WLB work). Its a good thing if you have hard decisions. By seasons there should be talk that this is be the best DB group in panther history. I already feel CB has the most talent, my safety group needs to prove my benefits Ive had months ago. 

I was looking the 2020 roster and Franklin was initially listed at LB, I guess he either looked better at Safety or couldn't gain the weight, I think he's 215ish? I like Robinson but seems like Rhule doesn't so he might be the one

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I was looking the 2020 roster and Franklin was initially listed at LB, I guess he either looked better at Safety or couldn't gain the weight, I think he's 215ish? I like Robinson but seems like Rhule doesn't so he might be the one

Thats right far I know, but its >215. My eyes he looks smaller, but I honestly dont know for sure. Still if you can do the job and stay healthy, so what about numbers/weight. Yea Im a better fan of Krob than RHule..... thats a red flag. I member one comment about Krob early in PS, I think after the first game. A reporter said "Krob had a good game and hes been practicing well too, huh? Rhule was - "Nah.....hes still got plenty to do". Krob is a one of those gamers,  play-maker in hiding...... Doesnt matter if Rhule is in charge and his competition is all Baylor/Temple bros..... Krob is the type to have a 2 INT games with game saving PD. 

• Beer 1