• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut down day thread.

Zod

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

The Panthers barely got any production from the tight ends last season, but as they stand now they have five on the roster. However, one is Ricci Giovanni, considered more of a fullback by coach Matt Rhule. That leaves Dan Arnold, Ian Thomas, Tommy Tremble and Colin Thompson to split up the TE duties.

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Cornerback Donte Jackson, who got know Cam Newton during his first two seasons with the Panthers (2018-19), said the quarterback's release from New England was "unfortunate.'' But knowing Newton as he does, Jackson won't feel sorry for the first pick of the 2011 draft. That was the same message Newton shared on social media.

40 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

With only 2.5 RBs currently on the roster (CMC, Chuba and *Cannon) add RB to the list of positions we'll be looking for on waivers!

LB, RB, OL...

QB???

K?

And maybe WR until Shi is healthy.

Fitty gonna be busy!

Do we still have Hartsfield? Doesn’t he count as another .5 RB? Haha!

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

We can knock out like 9 or 10 wins. The defense alone is going to carry the team mix that with a athletic quarterback who can move the ball when he needs to,doesn't get shook up by pressure and you got like 9 wins.

With a 1:5 TD to Int ratio and a 45 passer rating we are going to need the 86 Bears melded with the 2000 Ravens defense to get 9 wins.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I don't like the Keeny Robinson  move he looked good and was a willing hitter.. 

Rhule better be right this year because the question mark on his judgment and talent evaluation is getting bigger to me..

Literally crushed back-to-back drafts, but

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Literally crushed back-to-back drafts, but

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Yeah, amazing how many guys from last 2 draft classes we've kept.

Per Darin Gantt:

"For starters, it's very young. Of the 18 draft picks from the last two classes, 16 of them are on the roster as presently constructed"

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 1

I normally like to bump old roster prediction threads, but this year I may passsss on that decision........ @MHS831 or @45catfan either of you want to??

Its a odd roster construction- DL, TE, LB what is going on at each of them?? RB has 2.5 as well, QB 2(weakest 2 in the league it feels), OL has backup playing starter roles on about 4 spots. 

Just now, Basbear said:

I normally like to bump old roster prediction threads, but this year I may passsss on that decision........ @MHS831 or @45catfan either of you want to??

Its a odd roster construction- DL, TE, LB what is going on at each of them?? RB has 2.5 as well, QB 2(weakest 2 in the league it feels), OL has backup playing starter roles on about 4 spots. 

It's early yet. Given Fitterer's love of roster churn, things could look different by week 1.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Nah.  It could lead to my having to wear a Joe Person starched Izod golf shirt and some Axe hair gel for men over 50.  Can't handle more than one babe at a time.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

He doesn’t move the ball much is the issue. His numbers are horrible. He got carried to a win last year against a dying Lions team that the defense literally shut out. Most guys could give us 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions and win if the defense is going to shut out a really bad team. 

Gotta disagree, the ball goes downfield practically by force, his passes sometimes dont have enough touches. As far as the lions? A win is a win. This defense is elite, with PJ walker playing it's an easy 9 wins or ten. What's wrong with a defense carrying the QB? Worked for other qbs.

• Poo 3