• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

Father Time is the biggest thing going against Newton. His style of play seems to be going out of fashion in the NFL as of late, after enjoying a massive surge the past decade. It can still work out, but you have to be able to do it. He can't anymore. He's no spring chicken. What he's left with is an amazing goal line QB who is average in all other facets of the game. He may have gotten the Pats more wins than the rook, but it's the rook's turn now. Newton just needs to back-up somewhere knowing he can get a team a back-up win. That's his new schtick. 2015 was a long, long time ago, gentlemen.

Stopped reading on the 6th page. 

Why, you ask? Because so many of you are shocked!! I cannot fathom why. 

The writing on the wall was the very moment Mac Jones was drafted. 

Doesn't matter if you think cam is the better QB. 

THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON the Patriots spent building a team that an efficient game.manager can successfully run. That is not Cam. 

Cam was never going to start the season.  

This is the BB show being led by their kind of guy Mac Jones.  

Cam was done before he was cut as a Panther.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Stopped reading on the 6th page. 

Why, you ask? Because so many of you are shocked!! I cannot fathom why. 

The writing on the wall was the very moment Mac Jones was drafted. 

Doesn't matter if you think cam is the better QB. 

THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON the Patriots spent building a team that an efficient game.manager can successfully run. That is not Cam. 

Cam was never going to start the season.  

This is the BB show being led by their kind of guy Mac Jones.  

Cam was done before he was cut as a Panther.

One or two people on this forum were still claiming Cam would be an MVP candidate this year lol.

I absolutely love Cam, but it was pretty clear his career was pretty much over 3 years ago.

Still. Some just can’t let the golden memories go.

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Sorry if this has already been said

The best part of this news is that it means we can all come together as Panthers fan and cheer on Chinn, Horn, Burns and company as they destroy Mac Jones on Nov 8.

We should have done that anyway. 

If Cam is wearing a Pats jersey he's the enemy. 

If my mother was wearing a Pats jersey she'd be my enemy.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Every now and then I'd go to the Pat's forum and subreddit to see how they were talking about Cam and honestly I was surprised by how much they seemed to like him. I saw much more positive stuff about him than negative from the Pat fans. 

I have friends that live up there and they all like Cam

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing has changed about my opinion of Mac Jones since he was drafted. Kirk Cousins/Jared Goff is probably his NFL ceiling. If Belichick wins more rings with Mac then I very seriously doubt we see him usurped as the GOAT in our lifetime.

So why do you really not like Jones?…or our starting QB?

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

One or two people on this forum were still claiming Cam would be an MVP candidate this year lol.

I absolutely love Cam, but it was pretty clear his career was pretty much over 3 years ago.

Still. Some just can’t let the golden memories go.

Y'all have been claiming his career is over for three years. 

His days as an undisputed starter look to be over, but there's clearly still interest around the league. 

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Y'all have been claiming his career is over for three years. 

His days as an undisputed starter look to be over, but there's clearly still interest around the league. 

I don’t know what “y’all” camp you are attempting to put me in, but I’m obviously referring to him as a starting QB. The context is in the MVP talk mentioned that some here claimed he was still capable of.

I have literally supported Cam since we drafted him. I own one active players jersey. It’s Cams. But my opinion hasn’t changed since his injuries. What made Cam great was his ability to run like a RB and stretch the field with a cannon arm. Injuries hindered both of those abilities which were his strengths. And his career has never been the same.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I don’t know what “y’all” camp you are attempting to put me in, but I’m obviously referring to him as a starting QB. The context is in the MVP talk mentioned that some here claimed he was still capable of.

I have literally supported Cam since we drafted him. I own one active players jersey. It’s Cams. But my opinion hasn’t changed since his injuries. What made Cam great was his ability to run like a RB and stretch the field with a cannon arm. Injuries hindered both of those abilities which were his strengths. And his career has never been the same.

Use your English words better. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Woooooow.  Wtf?!?!?!?  Belichick is a fuging asshole.  After all that talk about him and Cam having a bond?  Cam deserved so much better..

I hope Mac Jones sucks ass.

Go back and look at some of the names who left New England under Billy and tell me you're surprised?