• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

If he retires maybe people will stop talking about him?

If the Panthers want fans to stop looking in the rear view they need to win. But praying quarterbacks like Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold will take them to the promised land won't change much in the short term.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

https://nypost.com/2021/09/03/nfl-teams-dont-want-cam-newton/

NFL teams don’t want Cam Newton

Many thought the former NFL MVP was the clubhouse leader to start for New England, and after his release it was speculated that he would quickly land a backup job elsewhere.

But according to reports, that may not materialize as soon as expected – if at all. NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport appeared on “NFL Now” on Thursday and suggested teams may not be lining up for the 32-year-old’s services.

“Unless I’m missing something, I really don’t see a landing spot,” Rapaport said. “You would also say, do you want Cam Newton, who has been a megastar, someone who is magnetic in the locker room … do you want him as a backup quarterback?

“I am not sure where Cam Newton gets a job, and I am not sure if Cam Newton gets a job.”

Rapoport mentioned Newton’s status in the league as a reason teams may be hesitant to sign him as a backup.

“Sometimes you don’t want a backup quarterback to overpower or over-star the starter. That may happen with Cam Newton

20 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Not around here they won't.  Greg, Smitty, Luke, etc all retired and people still talk about them plenty.

Occasionally but not in place of Panther coverage on a regular basis.

Cam is still a major subject of current social media content creators.  

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Occasionally but not in place of Panther coverage on a regular basis.

Cam is still a major subject of current social media content creators.  

Cam was also a bigger name than any of the others and is still technically a player in the NFL.  And yet we did have a lengthy thread about the clothes Luke wore to a different team's training camp, so non-Panthers threads aren't crazy for franchise icons.