• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A trade is a coming....

Zod

10 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I feel like Bonnafon has done enough in the past and shown enough that if they were gonna carry 3 RB's they would have kept him. Keeping only 2 RB's when your stud was injured most of the season and his backup is a rookie worries me. I do like what I've seen out of Chuba a lot but....

...oh wait, I just remembered, RB is the one position where you can go find a guy on Monday from the street who can get you 4 yards a carry next Sunday. We're good.

They still have Cannon that can run the ball too!

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Well kind of my underlying point was, given the demand for good tackles, I kind of doubt there is anyone out there worth having that we could acquire for anything we're willing to give up for a non starter. I just think any team with quality OT backups is already keenly aware that they are only one bad play away from that player protecting their QB. I doubt they're gonna give up that backup tackle for anything reasonable, and let's be blunt here, the few organizations dumb enough to do so aren't the kind that tend to have quality depth.

Do YOU want whoever is the Jets/Jags/Lions backup swing OT?

I want the Lions starting RT. He's looked really bad the preseason. We have an RT that we're trying to play at LT and they have an LT that they are trying to play at RT. 

Just for giggles ofc, how would y'all feel about Moton for Sewell?

That would mean we'd have to play 2 rookies at the tackles ofc. Sewell on the left and likely Cristensen on the right. It's just fantasy land but would y'all be happy with that?

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Poo 2

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know that I would expect to see a blockbuster deal for anyone. So, if that is the case, it will be interesting to see what deal(s) we end up accomplishing.

Do we want to give up much more 2022 draft capital?

Player swap rather than draft picks?  Shaq for a quality OL or LB?  Shaq for another LB is the equivalent of swapping queens in chess but it gets a big contract off of our books.  Shaq for an OL starter weakens the defense but better secures the OL and Darnold.  It's a wild theory but go big or go home I guess...

Edited by bythenbrs

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I want their starting RT. He's looked really bad the preseason. We have an RT that we're trying to play at LT and they have an LT that they are trying to play at RT. 

Just for giggles ofc, how would y'all feel about Moton for Sewell?

That would mean we'd have to play 2 rookies at the tackles ofc. Sewell on the left and likely Cristensen on the right. It's just fantasy land but would y'all be happy with that?

Nah. I wanted Sewell BAD in the draft. I lit up the Buffalo Wild Wings in Richmond I got stuck watching the draft in with unprintable words when the Lions took him, but he is still only a promising rookie. Moton is a proven quality tackle in his prime. We'd be trading the bird in the hand for one in the bush and no matter how promising Sewell looked in college, remember that his chances of ever being better than what Moton currently is are slim.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Nah. I wanted Sewell BAD in the draft. I lit up the Buffalo Wild Wings in Richmond I got stuck watching the draft in with unprintable words when the Lions took him, but he is still only a promising rookie. Moton is a proven quality tackle in his prime. We'd be trading the bird in the hand for one in the bush and no matter how promising Sewell looked in college, remember that his chances of ever being better than what Moton currently is are slim.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that either but was curious if anyone would. 

12 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Player swap rather than draft picks?  Shaq for a quality OL or LB?  Shaq for another LB is the equivalent of swapping queens in chess but it gets a big contract off of our books.  Shaq for an OL starter weakens the defense but better secures the OL and Darnold.  It's a wild theory but go big or go home I guess...

If you want to really entertain the Twilight Zone, swap DJ for someone's OL or LB starter.  Quality for quality and we are deep at receiver.  Just throwing spaghetti against the wall but it makes sense in some alternate universe of options...

Would be really bizarre if Marshall made both Moore's expendable.

Edited by bythenbrs

45 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Why would be trade the best player in one of our weakest positions? I don't think we are going to make any player trades that are for much other than picks. Or, the players we would trade certainly wouldn't garner much in return.