• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We really rolling with this offensive line?

Zod

4 hours ago, Zod said:

So, we really doing this? Starting the season with a huge Achilles heal? 

I thought for sure a trade for at least an average left guard was a certainty. Everyone and their mother knows Elfein is horrid.

Elflein was the same player last year, so whatever they are seeing on tape now is the same as what they saw on tape when they signed him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We kept our best lineman for the next several years. That's a start.

We also drafted a couple of guys that look promising. Will they live up to that promise? Don't know, but that needed to be done and it was.

As for the rest, if I recall correctly, nobody's on a deal longer two seasons, so even if the signings are badd it's not like we're hamstrung long term.

Not really about being hamstrung as much as just simply not building. If Brown or Christensen pan out, we did. If they don't, we literally have gotten worse.

• Pie 3

30 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'm not going to flip out now. Remember when Zod was pushing the line about how bad the offense would be heading in to 2015 to get people riled up?

Never forget that he has no clue what he's talking about and is only concerned with pushing the easiest narratives to spark a reaction.

Was there anyone that expected that 2015 squad to make the run they did after Kelvin went down in camp? Remind me what Carolina has accomplished since. Minus that year our oline has been a major point of concern amongst fans since every season Gross retired so to reduce this discussion to just an instance of fishing for clicks is just ignoring team history.

Edited by frankw

50 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'm not going to flip out now. Remember when Zod was pushing the line about how bad the offense would be heading in to 2015 to get people riled up?

Never forget that he has no clue what he's talking about and is only concerned with pushing the easiest narratives to spark a reaction.

Remember when Teddy was the best qb in our division last year....me neither but Zod does.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not true. If you ignore history, you're doomed to repeat it. Hopefully these guys are smart enough not to make the same mistakes.

There is no history.

This is their first rodeo.

They may be good at it or not, but the fact that Marty Hurney and Ron Rivera sucked will have no bearing on it.