• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about the Jets. What do you know?

Zod

Our old boy Greg Van Roten is their starting RG and they have Vera-Tucker as a rookie LG.  We should have little excuse to stuff their run game and force Wilson to beat us with his passing.  So then the big matchup is Corey Davis v. Jaycee Horn.  Which leaves potential for Elijah Moore to burn us a bit with Bouye on his suspension and Jackson being on Cole.  

Defense wise, I only remember they have Mosley, Maye, & Quinnen.  They are starting 2 rookie linebackers and a rookie CB.

There's no excuse to lose to these chumps IMO.  We better look good with our weaponry and defensive playmakers.  

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

1.) I'm worried about the Jets getting pressure up the middle of the line on critical 3rd down passing plays.

2.) I'm worried we will fail to get short yardage on critical 3rd down run plays.

3.) I'm worried that our offense will stall in the red zone due to reasons 1 and 2 and due to timid play calling.

I'm not really worried about our defense going against a rookie QB playing his first regular season game. I anticipate a low scoring game that could come down to turnovers and field goal kicking.

I'm worried about worrying.

6 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Water is Wet.

But at the same time, he's not a lumbering Statue like Old Man Vinny Testaverde(remember him?  😉  ) was either.

He's fast enough to make some good runs with his feet.

Just not to do it every down.

Hey! Don't dis Vinny. He was our hero one season, statue or not. lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

- The Jets are going to scheme the hell outta their offense and have Wilson make simple quick throws to nullify our pass rush

- Their 0-line is arguably better than ours (Becton, Vera-Tucker, McGovern, Feeney, Moses) and their D-line is almost as good as ours

- I have a feeling this will be a much closer and tougher game than many of you believe 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

- The Jets are going to scheme the hell outta their offense and have Wilson make simple quick throws to nullify our pass rush

- Their 0-line is arguably better than ours (Becton, Vera-Tucker, McGovern, Feeney, Moses) and their D-line is almost as good as ours

- I have a feeling this will be a much closer and tougher game than many of you believe 

It might be closer but it won't low-scoring, imo.

Sam will make some big throws and so will Zach.

In the end I'm thinking along the lines of :

Panthers 38

Jets 24

Or something of that nature.

Borrowing form one of the old timer huddlers avatar/personally 

Know Nothing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I do know that Elf AND Paradis can not block Qwilliams together....

I know the 1st game of the year, Panthers better not overlook a whole new staff that came form one of the more advanced teams.

I know that Fumbles will be a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE part of the upcoming season and this game may have 2-3.