• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking back at the draft

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

You're absolutely right it should not matter.

But, remember when Chicago passed on Mahomes to select Trubisky?

Not only will that fanbase never forgive that decision, but it set back Chicago immensely. 

If Mahomes went to Chicago they would still be sucking. Mahomes showed in the Superbowl that without a good line and talent due to multiple injuries, any QB can look ordinary to bad.

Edited by panthers55

11 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I think Darnold is going to work out. As for whoever plays QB for Chicago when was the last time they had a QB ranked in the top 10??  Chicago is where receivers and QBs go to disappear. 

Also, when is the last time an Ohio State qb ended up in the top 10? Answer is never.  Fields had much more talent surrounding him than virtually every team he played.  Once we traded for Darnold, picking a qb was not a good option and Sewell went right ahead of us We could have gone with Rashawn Slater but then missed on Horn who answers a lot of questions on D.  Let's see what the BYU kid can do.  I don't feel bad for not taking Fields; Mac Jones will be a better pro qb than him anyway. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

If Mahomes went to Chicago they would still be sucking. Mahomes showed in the Superbowl that without a good line and talent due to multiple injuries, any QB can look ordinary to bad.

I can't say that I agree with you.  I have a hard time believing that Chicago would have been set back if they selected Mahomes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

The Panthers won't be the only team that passed on you know who.  I think the Panthers will be fine.

For real, The Broncos will look 2x as stupid as us for passing on Fields. 

They passed on him because they thought they had something in Drew Lock. 

Now they're starting Bridgewater over him. 

Completely and utterly ridiculous. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real, The Broncos will look 2x as stupid as us for passing on Fields. 

They passed on him because they thought they had something in Drew Lock. 

Now they're starting Bridgewater over him. 

Completely and utterly ridiculous. 

I'm glad the Broncos passed on Fields because fug them

3 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I hate to be that guy, but I think this draft will be judged by passing on a certain QB.  Hate me if you want, but I truly believe that's how this draft will be judged.  

Don't get me wrong we had a hell of a draft....but there will be that elephant in the room if Darnold is what his numbers suggest, and he who shall not be named becomes a top 10 QB in Chicago. 

Image result for let it go meme

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

well, that was a bad OL vs a great defensive front.  And Mahomes was pulling off some matrix stuff in that game......and his receivers let him down.  Lot of big drops in that game after he pulled off some absurd stuff. 

I mean, the Bears haven't had a losing season over the last 3 years.  I would wager if they wouldn't of sucked with Mahomes. 

overall I do agree with your point though.  Most folks are not Mahomes.  Even most really good QBs. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I can't say that I agree with you.  I have a hard time believing that Chicago would have been set back if they selected Mahomes. 

It isn't they would have been set back but they wouldn't have been in the Superbowl twice and he wouldn't be considered one of the top QBs in the league. KC has a legitimate offense and defense. Chicago has a good defense.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, that was a bad OL vs a great defensive front.  And Mahomes was pulling off some matrix stuff in that game......and his receivers let him down.  Lot of big drops in that game after he pulled off some absurd stuff. 

I mean, the Bears haven't had a losing season over the last 3 years.  I would wager if they wouldn't of sucked with Mahomes. 

Mahomes wouldn't have been Mahomes if he went to Chicago, he would be decent but not considered one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the league.