• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funky Friday with Cam

NAS

It's an unfortunate situation all around. I respect Newton for being upfront and open about it all. To me it is clear he is a much different person than he was when he first got to Carolina. There are positives and negatives to that we all grow and change and none of us are perfect. And we live in a world now centered around social media and a need to connect about everything which brings it's own pluses and minuses. I hope he finds peace and if a spot is there for him in the nfl I hope he finds it but the man needs to decide on his vax status it's his own personal decision but it will keep looming if he wants a career that's the world we live in. As for this discussion and if it belongs I can't say I'm only one person but perhaps it should be a community decision.

• Pie 1

I'm got the airpods in listening and will sum it up

1.  Cam knows he is a distraction (or viewed as that).  That a team thinks he is too big to be the backup and he frankly gets it.  He would have backed up Mac though.  But he gets that being a problem for Mac/the team in the big picture...to have a QB like Cam sitting behind Mac.  He is a big figure.  That draws attention.   It's a problem if Mac faces adversity.   Just who he is.  More a distraction for those on the outside who bring it to the team than an in house thing.  Cam isn't a distraction in house. 

2.  Mac wasn't teaching him the playbook.    

3.  Pops brings up the hair, clothing, etc.   Basically acknowledges it impacts things for an AA QB.   He wasn't making the arguement that it should of though.   Just that it presently does.   Not in the context of him losing the NE job.  Just how Cam is overall viewed by the masses. 

4.  Vaccination.  Cam's dad says he is vaccination hesitant.  But doesn't want to get into all that.  Cam just says he doesn't think vaccination was a factor.  Cam says NE greenlighted his doctor appointment.   He followed all the rules.  He did imply he felt a little sabotaged there.  But he followed all the NE guidance. 

5.  Pops says Mac exceeded his expectations.  But doesn't think he beat Cam.  Both implied either one of them was going to win with the Patriots this year.  It is what it is. 

* he did have a noteworthy line about superheroes either die or live long enough to become the villain.   He sometimes feels that is his world. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

Because it's in the Huddle Lounge like a non-football topic. Very disrespectful  

It's the regular season. We've always shifted to keeping the Panthers forum Panthers only during the regular season (I should add with the one notable exception of active game day threads for other NFL games going on) after treating it as a football catch-all in the off-season.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Cam fan than me but this isn't a Panthers topic, hence why it's not in the Panthers sub-forum. I left a link so that people participating in the thread could find it and wouldn't think it got deleted.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the regular season. We've always shifted to keeping the Panthers forum Panthers only during the regular season (I should add with the one notable exception of active game day threads for other NFL games going on) after treating it as a football catch-all in the off-season.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Cam fan than me but this isn't a Panthers topic, hence why it's not in the Panthers sub-forum. I left a link so that people participating in the thread could find it and wouldn't think it got deleted.

This point would hold more if there weren't a topic about Drew Brees hair with two pages. Either way this discussion will be drowned out by next week as we get into the full swing of the season so it will resolve itself.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Though it's typical Huddle that this get's moved while Zod is posting about Brees toupee 

That's the thing, it's his website.

Funny how y'all want this left in the main forum where you absolutely know it would soon turn into an utter poo show and flame war that would then have y'all begging for the mods to clean this place up. Moving it here actually gives it a chance to remain a productive conversation without the inevitable troll fest which was honestly my primary reason for moving it. But whiners gonna whine.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the thing, it's his website.

Funny how y'all want this left in the main forum where you absolutely know it would soon turn into an utter poo show and flame war that would then have y'all begging for the mods to clean this place up. Moving it here actually gives it a chance to remain a productive conversation without the inevitable troll fest which was honestly my primary reason for moving it. But whiners gonna whine.

I feel the trolling, I mean I never cared. I thought the cleaning up part was adding the ignore button. Didn't know it was his website though. interesting.