• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson deserves some love

LinvilleGorge

He had a great game and I hope he continues to ball out all season. Our D-Line needs some credit too and they kept him free to make plays which is what they are supposed to do.

New Orleans has a good O-line so next week will be a telling tale of how his season will go.

Our run defense was on point most of the game.  We'll have to do that against New Orleans next week and get Winston to throw and make mistakes. Our DBs need to be ready for a lot more work next week. 

12 hours ago, Harbingers said:

It also is provably somewhat to do with not having Luke’s shadow over him. He’s able to fully take charge and be himself now. Not discrediting Luke or anything. Just saying he had really big shoes to fill last year. Now that it’s a little more removed he probably feels a little freer. 

Listen, I don't wanna get ahead of myself after one game, but...

he looked like Luke Kuechly out there yesterday. That was DPOY caliber play. Straight up.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Listen, I don't wanna get ahead of myself after one game, but...

he looked like Luke Kuechly out there yesterday. That was DPOY caliber play. Straight up.

He looked like a starting MLB lol.

We've had such legit LB play over the years when we have a non all pro it looks odd.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's always looked like a standard starting LB. That wasn't "standard starter" play yesterday.

Did the other guy even play I can't even recall him doing poo. Shaq musta just been like "imma play OLB and MLB both at the same time" yesterday.

Edited by Fox007

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Did the other guy even play I can't even recall him doing poo. Shaq musta just been like "imma play OLB and MLB both at the same time" yesterday.

Carter was third on the team in tackles with 5. But yeah, oddly I barely noticed him too. That's fine. He's a JAG. When you don't notice the JAG the JAG is doing his JAG job.

I defended him all last year. He spent so much time covering for frikkin' Tahir Whitehead and trying to get other guys into position that he didn't have much of an opportunity to even play his position.

Now, he's back on the trajectory that he had been on before. He played like a Panthers linebacker is supposed to play. He lived up to it and if he keeps the pressure on, he'll be rightfully among those greats.

Excellent play, excellent effort.

• Pie 1

The number thing is so strange to me, but speaks to how important mindset is at that elite athlete level. Seemingly insignificant things can be the thing that pushes a player from good to great. Waiting to change to 7 out of respect for Grier makes more sense than pure gamesmanship on a rookie QB/HC. It was cool of him to wait.