• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn

TheoJay10

13 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This isn't the NFC mic, it's the NFL all of the men on NFL rosters are former college stars. Just in 2021 the Jets beat the Browns and Rams (both battling for playoff spots at the time) The Giants beat the rolling Seahawks, The Eagles beat the Packers, The Jaguars beat the Colts.

This is the NFL the talent disparity is not even close to college ball lmfao.

Same scenario applies here as well. Which is why after beating the jets and their depleted roster and the saints missing this person and that we aren't spoken of in the same breath as the chiefs and bucs.. people still question our accomplishments and see it more as the saints failure than the Panthers triumph.

15 hours ago, electro's horse said:

i will never understand how this board remembers gamble

at his best, he was fine

What are you basing that on?  He wasn't a guy that got a lot of picks, especially after his first couple seasons, but he could lock a side of the field down pretty well.

36 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Same scenario applies here as well. Which is why after beating the jets and their depleted roster and the saints missing this person and that we aren't spoken of in the same breath as the chiefs and bucs.. people still question our accomplishments and see it more as the saints failure than the Panthers triumph.

To each there own I could care less what the talking heads think a win is a win we were the worst 15-1 team that Arizona would roll us as I recall.... Just win baby.

46 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Hell there are a lot of people on this board doing the same thing.

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, electro's horse said:

i will never understand how this board remembers gamble

at his best, he was fine

I feel you.  He had a few good seasons at the end worth noting but he got beat on a regular basis.  Please dont confuse Jaycee with him.  They are not similar

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Hell there are a lot of people on this board doing the same thing.

I don't feel the first two weeks can really cause anyone to drastically change their opinions yet. 

Outside of maybe not thinking we have the worst OL in the entire NFL if that was a belief coming in.     But I still have us at 7 to 9 wins lead by a very promising and emerging defense.   Which is where I had us before week 1. 

We have only proven to date we can beat bad teams.  Weeks 4-6 we will face competition that will answer legit questions IMO that still exist.    

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I don't feel the first two weeks can really cause anyone to drastically change their opinions yet. 

Outside of maybe not thinking we have the worst OL in the entire NFL if that was a belief coming in.     But I still have us at 7 to 9 wins lead by a very promising and emerging defense.   Which is where I had us before week 1. 

We have only proven to date we can beat bad teams.  Weeks 4-6 we will face competition that will answer legit questions IMO that still exist.    

This will be a year long mantra from you and a lot of other people. There will always be some reason to think our wins should be diminished. It is the NFL, any win should be celebrated.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

This will be a year long mantra from you and a lot of other people. There will always be some reason to think our wins should be diminished. It is the NFL, any win should be celebrated.

you play who you play.  

But yeah, if you kicked off the the season playing the Jets and Jags and another team kicked it off playing the Bucs and KC......you would know more about team #2 than team #1.     Fans should be able to handle that a concept without getting their panties in a bunch IMO. 

Weeks 4-6 will answer a lot more than 1-3.   Then we will have a real idea of what we are working with.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would advise you apply some nuance to our win beyond "Saints had injuries, therefore it was a largely meaningless win against a bad team".  I can grant the role that their defensive injuries played and how that might cause some reservations about giving too much credit to the offense.  But when I see the Saints put up 38 against Green Bay in Week 1 and only 7 against us in Week 2 and the only difference between the two offenses was a single o-lineman?  Both of their elite tackles constantly getting manhandled?  Kamara rushing for 0.6 yards per carry?  Yeah sorry I don't buy the argument that we chalk all of that up to their defensive injuries or their single o-lineman.  I mean unless you didn't watch the game and only looked at the scoreboard.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

When did the Saints all of sudden become a bad team? They stomped Green Bay the week before, and most people on this board were talking about how deep and talented they were leading up to the game and didn't think the Panthers could pull off the "upset". Only a few of us were confident we were about to dog walk them. Now everybody talking about how bad they are. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I would advise you apply some nuance to our win beyond "Saints had injuries, therefore it was a largely meaningless win against a bad team".  I can grant the role that their defensive injuries played and how that might cause some reservations about giving too much credit to the offense.  But when I see the Saints put up 38 against Green Bay in Week 1 and only 7 against us in Week 2 and the only difference between the two offenses was a single o-lineman?  Both of their elite tackles constantly getting manhandled?  Kamara rushing for 0.6 yards per carry?  Yeah sorry I don't buy the argument that we chalk all of that up to their defensive injuries or their single o-lineman.  I mean unless you didn't watch the game and only looked at the scoreboard.

yeah, you are defending things I am not even arguing about.  

its too early in a season to think we have teams figured out is all.  Especially this Carolina team.  And that comes from watching football for years and years.  

I'm not discrediting the wins.  I'm merely arguing we haven't played the games yet...to answer the questions on what we really will be this year yet.