• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Carr loving the Panthers and Matt Rhule

Zod

1 hour ago, RenoCarolina said:

Yet another “college defense” comment. 

Not sure why it upsets everyone so much that people say this. Did people get mad if the media said that we ran a "college" offense with Cam? Even Rhule just a few minutes ago in his press conference said the defense has been basically the same since Temple through Baylor and now with the Panthers. They tailor some things to personnel but it's all the same concepts and terminology.

As long as it works I couldn't care less.

Edited by Bartin
  • Pie 4

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Not sure why it upsets everyone so much that people say this. Did people get mad if the media said that we ran a "college" offense with Cam? Even Rhule just a few minutes ago in his press conference said the defense has been basically the same since Temple through Baylor and now with the Panthers. They tailor some things to personnel but it's all the same concepts and terminology.

Its ignorance...lots of college offenses now...how you fuging suppose college defense wasn't going to come through too

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Its ignorance...lots of college offenses now...how you fuging suppose college defense wasn't going to come through too

It's factual and yes they were bound to come through eventually but I'm fairly sure we are really one of the first that has taken a college style defense to the NFL so it is unique in the NFL and to former players and analysts that's the easiest way for them to describe it.

• Pie 1

It's factual and yes they were bound to come through eventually but I'm fairly sure we are really one of the first that has taken a college style defense to the NFL so it is unique in the NFL and to former players and analysts that's the easiest way for them to describe it.

Na I'm saying its ignorance to get upset at it. Our fanbase is known for not understanding some basic poo like that. They got a lot of players that already know/fit the scheme too and it helps get off to such a fast start.

• Pie 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Na I'm saying its ignorance to get upset at it. Our fanbase is known for not understanding some basic poo like that. They got a lot of players that already know/fit the scheme too and it helps get off to such a fast start.

Ah ok I gotcha and yes I agree that it likely makes the transition super easy for the young guys which is great while rebuilding it through the draft.

Ah ok I gotcha and yes I agree that it likely makes the transition super easy for the young guys which is great while rebuilding it through the draft.

Well yea like Reddick was under Rhule for example and so is the DT who batted down Winstons pass. They are playing good in the scheme but yea Reddick looks good regardless when he plays in the manner in which AZ used him and obv Rhule knows how to use him.

Reddick was a 13th pick and could be one of the biggest FA steals at all. If he continues his 10+ sack trajectory like it appears he clearly can in this defense then acquiring that without actually having to use a 1st round pick can't be overstated how good that is.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Calling it a "college defense" is a downright f*cking stupid comment. The Panthers are an NFL team so it's literally a professional defense that's currently ranked #1 in the NFL.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Calling it a "college defense" is a downright f*cking stupid comment. The Panthers are an NFL team so it's literally a professional defense that's currently ranked #1 in the NFL.

I get where they're coming from, in the sense that Snow is using College concepts to scheme up a 'free hitter' on the play.

College defence is much worse than Pro defence tho as they don't have as much time to practice or study tape - so it's a petty comment.