• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 Post Script: Zach Wilson injured

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, cardiackat88. said:

I can't see him without seeing Jimmy Clausen. I know he's already better than teh Jimmy but he reminds me so much of him cosmetically. 

Is he, really? He almost certainly will be (it's hard to be that bad) but not so far.

2 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

He probably wont get that kind of beating every week. We really got to Wilson. I thought he did really well against us all things considered.

With no tape on him, imagine if we could have actually game-planned a bit and if the offense hadn't stalled out to make it a closer game than what it was. 

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

With no tape on him, imagine if we could have actually game-planned a bit and if the offense hadn't stalled out to make it a closer game than what it was. 

I said in another thread that if we played them week 3 we would win 40-0. We left so many opportunities on the field. 3 would be touchdowns at least. Should have been 30-0 at the half. 

Same for Saints. If Darnold doesn't throw that pick we shut them out, I have no doubt in that. 

Not living in the past, I'm just saying we are gonna be a problem if we clean those issues up. Like "we will be contenders" problem. 

7 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I said in another thread that if we played them week 3 we would win 40-0. We left so many opportunities on the field. 3 would be touchdowns at least. Should have been 30-0 at the half. 

Same for Saints. If Darnold doesn't throw that pick we shut them out, I have no doubt in that. 

Not living in the past, I'm just saying we are gonna be a problem if we clean those issues up. Like "we will be contenders" problem. 

I agree with you, but I'm not ready to say ''contenders'' just yet, the Dallas game should be a good measuring stick. 

Saints put up TD's on short fields versus GB but not yards. I will say I was surprised to see how well we got after Jameis, but being able to play man and pressure is a far cry from the soft zone, and 7 to 10 yard cushions we lived in for a decade under Rivera. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

I agree with you, but I'm not ready to say ''contenders'' just yet, the Dallas game should be a good measuring stick. 

Saints put up TD's on short fields versus GB but not yards. I will say I was surprised to see how well we got after Jameis, but being able to play man and pressure is a far cry from the soft zone, and 7 to 10 yard cushions we lived in for a decade under Rivera. 

I'm saying if we clean up our play we are contenders. I have no problem saying that. NFC West is tough, but this defense is unmatched if it keeps up the same production. We have left a lot of points on the field. If we can start executing better it is playoff time. But I do agree. The Cowboys have a very nice passing attack. I am ready and hopeful for that game. If we shut their offense down, we are a playoff team with no question in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

TBH, and I'm sure it wasn't that hit that caused the groin injury, but I was honestly surprised he got up from the Derrick Brown sack.  I was sure he broke some ribs and may have been concussed.

Exactly. If he could take that hit and not get injured, I’d say durability isn’t a concern yet.