• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Respect for the Panthers - What Cowboys Fans are Saying

Zod

18 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Better teams? I’m not a Cowboys fan but they should be 3-0 if not for terrible calls in Bucs game. They went to west coast and beat a great Chargers team. I’m sorry but this will be our first lost. Just being honest.

On paper, it should be.  We lost our 1st round draft pick in Horn,  and CMC, and Buris.  We are on the road facing one of the best O's in football right now.  If we win, we'll  be considered a top 10 team.

We have more passing yards on fewer attempts than they do.  The loss of Horn and Buris should effect the run D less than the Pass D.  If our run D holds as it has, which it should, they will be in for a long day.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Yeah they woulda,coulda,shoulda beat the bucs.

They also woulda,coulda,shoulda lost to the chargers

Dak has never seen a def like this one. Most QBs haven't. It's pretty weak to dismiss this team against anyone at this point.

Hey where 3-0 but we haven’t played a game without CMC so just be ready for a let down is all I’m saying. I think we will be too hyped up. JS

• Poo 1

Cowboy fans are consistent at least.  In 2015 we were 10-0, they were 3-7 and hosting us on turkey day.  Even then cowpoke fans predicted a win and winning out the rest of the way.  Instead we spank them on national tv.  Total embarrassment.  Jerry Jones (aka "the nfl") never forgot it and it still hurts.

I know Skip Bayless wants to forget

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2015/11/28/cowboys-fan-skip-bayless-responds-to-panthers-josh-norman-on-prediction-all-i-ate-was-crow/

Also great article by Joe Person in Athletic (paywall)

https://theathletic.com/2857458/2021/09/30/turkey-stuffing-and-a-thanksgiving-ass-kicking-an-oral-history-of-the-panthers-2015-win-at-dallas/

The Cowboys had gone 12-4 in 2014 to win the NFC East and had won their first two games in ’15. But after quarterback Tony Romo broke his left collarbone (in six places) during the Week 2 win against Philadelphia, Dallas lost seven in a row with backup quarterbacks Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel.

The 35-year-old Romo returned the week before the Panthers’ game and guided the Cowboys to a 24-14 victory at Miami. Dallas, despite its 3-7 record, was installed as a 1-point favorite over Carolina in the initial lines.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera made sure it did not go unnoticed during the short week.

Rivera: I told them: “Think about it. We’re undefeated and initially we open as underdogs. That’s what they think about you. They think that one guy’s gonna make the difference and they’re gonna beat us.” So I used that as my theme going in all week. I kind of got them staying on to that: “They’re saying we’re not good enough. We’re the most disrespected undefeated team ever.” So I really hammered them on that.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Better teams? I’m not a Cowboys fan but they should be 3-0 if not for terrible calls in Bucs game. They went to west coast and beat a great Chargers team. I’m sorry but this will be our first lost. Just being honest.

I have literally never seen you say anything positive about the Panthers. You sure you're actually a fan? I get being realistic but I mean come on.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Concerning the 2015 game:

Romo's run fits the old "I brought you into this world and I'll take you out of it" phrase considering our 1st and then our last game against him.  It was really not fair to him that they brought him back before he was ready AND they dumped the pressure of the season on him despite that record.

On the OP's subject:

I think they have the right to be excited to get their QB back and that they are playing really well.  I can also see why they think our 3-0 may not be real.  I'm not sure myself.  BUT, a couple things I do feel good about are:

(1) that they've allowed a lot of passing yards.  With CMC out, we need to face a team where Darnold can shine.  And it looks like he's taking advantage of those opportunities and we have the WRs to exploit that.

(2) that our D seems to be not only really good but also really good in the areas that are needed for slowing their particular strengths.

I hope it's enough.  Right now, I'm about 50/50 on this one.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, travisura said:

I have literally never seen you say anything positive about the Panthers. You sure you're actually a fan? I get being realistic but I mean come on.

All I’ve said this week is I didn’t like trade for CJ and that we will probably lose to Cowboys. I mean u want me to say we are going to go 20-0, I mean I’m just saying we’re losing one game right now. Damn

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Despite the dribble of their fan base, Dallas appears to have a really good team this year. They could easily be 3-0. It’s going to take near perfection for us to go in there and win.  

Thank you for saying that, that’s what I’ve been trying to say but everyone wants to poo me.

• Poo 1