• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl Halftime Show 2022

Captain Morgan

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, there is no way that cast will suck in comparison to what they have been doing lately at halftime.

Dre, Snoop, Em > The Weekend, Shakira, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Gaga

Agreed. I don't mind this lineup though I really wish they'd give a rock group a chance to headline it (and I obviously don't count Coldplay as rock like some people do). Now that I think about it, the last appearance of a rock group was the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2014 when they did a song with Bruno Mars.

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Eh I prefer showcasing one artist. Kendrick or Em solo would have been awesome. Like why not just call this Dre's halftime show with guests?

I agree.  Instead will get snippets of various songs.  Still going to be an amazing show.  Sounds like one of the best lineups since I was a kid.

@ichigo1057 I agree a rock band would be good, but at this point who?  I don't think there are many left that are relevant and that are main stream enough.  It would have to be a throwback type thing, kind of like this rap show is.

10 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I agree.  Instead will get snippets of various songs.  Still going to be an amazing show.  Sounds like one of the best lineups since I was a kid.

@ichigo1057 I agree a rock band would be good, but at this point who?  I don't think there are many left that are relevant and that are main stream enough.  It would have to be a throwback type thing, kind of like this rap show is.

they went throwback rock band heavy after Nipplegate.    Stones, The Who.  I don't seem doing that anymore.   You got to switch generations at this stage in to who you are throwing back for.    I mean, this Dr/Em is hitting smack at the 40 year old crowd.  Which I think is about right.   Hard to cater to the 60+ year old crowd anymore at the Super Bowl (and that is what throwback rock would be at this point).   And there isn't really 40 year old rock throw back IMO to go.  Eddie Vedder ain't a halftime show and basically everyone else is gone from that era.   Chili Peppers already did it. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

they went throwback rock band heavy after Nipplegate.    Stones, The Who.  I don't seem doing that anymore.   You got to switch generations at this stage in to who you are throwing back for.    I mean, this Dr/Em is hitting smack at the 40 year old crowd.  Which I think is about right.   Hard to cater to the 60+ year old crowd anymore at the Super Bowl (and that is what throwback rock would be at this point).    

Yeahhh...when I said throwback rock I mean, Green Day.  Maybe Pearl Jam.