• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s Official….Sam D was worth the trade.

WarPanthers89

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

I honestly blame Sam’s issues on the Oline. Honestly amazing that he’s played this well behind such a terrible offensive line. Worst I’ve ever seen from the Panthers.

Anyone defending this OL all year needs to examine their intellectual ability. It was so obvious the entire time.

We are lucky it took 4 games for it to get us.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He’s still worth the trade so suck an egg. Bad day and we will learn from it. 

I honestly don’t think he was worth the time trade but that’s just me. He is decent and our o line leaves much to be desired but 3 years into your pro career : you are who you are 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I honestly don’t think he was worth the time trade but that’s just me. He is decent and our o line leaves much to be desired but 3 years into your pro career : you are who you are 

I’ll @ you after the game and give you his year to date totals. The result of this game does not change my opinion that he was absolutely worth the trade capital we spent to get him. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I’ll @ you after the game and give you his year to date totals. The result of this game does not change my opinion that he was absolutely worth the trade capital we spent to get him. 

I do like him being resilient. I’m just calling how I feel. Not trashing him but I really don’t think he is the answer.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's right.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to not see that.

Sam is not magically going to start connecting on passes longer than 20-yards because of the O-line getting magically better either. You’d have to be equally as stupid AND blind to not see the obvious. 

Got go off, Football Historian. 

Edited by rico6
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Oh please. 

Hell the Chargers only sacked Mahomes twice last week, but he had worse stats than Darnold this game. I’m not saying Darnold is our next franchise QB, but this game was a disaster on many levels; bad calls by the refs, missed FG leading to a short TD, defense got crushed the 2nd half, our offensive line got dominated, and Darnold had INTs from pressure reads. They all go hand in hand. The lingering problem is our line has been bad all year, but we were able to hide it with CMC, leaning on our defense, and throwing quick passes to control the clock. If we fall behind we aren’t going to have a chance with this line. Teams are going to blitz the middle and left all day long…

• Pie 1

The protection cause those ints. They both were rushed throws and lacked zip or placement. He was throwing from a crowded pocket all game and still put up crazy good stats. Let alone almost brought us back if not for terrible run defense and time out management we might have had a better chance. This loss was good we have glaring weaknesses to fix and no excuses to avoid them. 

• Pie 3